04

italic - thought

JEON HANEUL

After the incident yesterday, Heeseung still doesn't talk to me. He came earlier than usual this morning and went to the e.r alone without waiting for me.

"Are you and Heeseung in a quarrel?" Xavier asked after seeing Heeseung quietly doing his work.

"Yeah, we fought yesterday" I sighed and stared at him from the e.r's front desk.

"It's about you smoking right?"

I nodded.

He shook his head and and continued typing on his computer, "You both talk that out"

"Will do" I answered before also continuing my work.

Lunch break soon came and I quickly stood up from my chair, looking for Heeseung. When I spotted him, I was about to go to him but stopped he was talking with one of the interns. He was smiling widely while talking to her. I didn't even realized that they already walked past me.

I frowned and rolled my eyes. I quickly pulled Xavier up who was still busy doing something on his computer and started walking out of the e.r.

"Bro! I'm still doing something!" He whined but still let me drag him.

"I don't care" I scoffed. Heeseung's smiling face flashing in my head again.

Me and Xavier entered the hospital's cafeteria and quickly lined up to get our food. After getting our food, we both sat down on one of the tables.

"Where's Heeseung?" Xavier asked while looking around.

"Why are you not with him?" He looked at me.

"Ask that new intern, maybe you'll know" I rolled my eyes and started eating.

"Oh... Yeri?" He also started eating

"I don't know and I don't care" I dryly said and took one of his fishcakes.

He rolled his eyes and placed all of his fishcakes on my tray. I immediately smiled and thanked him.

While we were silently eating, Dr. Kim stopped in front of our table with a tray of foods in his hand.

"Hey Haneul! Why are you here? I thought you and Heeseung will eat out?" He asked before seating on one of the vacant seat beside Xavier who's in front of me.

"Huh? who said that?" I asked and looked at him.

"Him! He was asking me earlier if I want to go out since he said he'll eat outside with someone and I thought it's you! so I didn't go to give you both privacy" he explained and started eating.

So he ate out with that intern huh?

And without even telling me?

I unconsciously scoffed and stood up. I took my bottled water and quickly drank it.

"I'll go home now. Tell our head in the e.r I'm not feeling well" I lied and asked Xavier to put the half of my food on the waist after he finished eating.

I quickly went out of the hospital's cafeteria and didn't even bother to bid my goodbye at them. I just left my doctor's coat on my swivel chair and took my things in the locker room.

I exited the hospital and drove away. When I arrived home, I saw mom seated on the living room's couch.

"Hany! why are you home early?" she asked as I walk near her and hugged her as a greet.

"I'm not feeling well that's why I went home early" I lied and gave her a small smile.

"Alright, go and rest in your room. I'll just call you later for dinner" She patted my head and smiled.

I nodded and quickly went upstairs in my room. I immediately laid down after changing into comfortable clothes and turned off my phone. I instantly fell asleep after a few minutes.

meanwhile...
(back at the hospital)

LEE HEESEUNG

After lunch break, I didn't saw Haneul in the front desk. Her doctor's coat is there but she's not. Her computer is also turned off.

She doesn't usually turn her computer off when it's lunch break...

I finally walked towards the front desk after avoiding it for the past hours.

"Where's Haneul?" I asked Xavier.

"Wow now you care when she's not around anymore?" He rolled his eyes.

"She went home because she's not feeling well. She didn't tell you didn't she?" He raised his eyebrows and folded his arms in front of his chest.

I shook my head.

"Damn, your quarrel's getting intense" He hissed.

"Better fix that bro" He then went back to what he was doing.

I took her doctor's coat in her swivel chair and was about to leave when Xavier spoke again making me halt my steps.

"Just so you're aware, she's not happy to what you were doing with that intern"

Shitsherlock.

I started walking again but stopped once again when someone harshly entered the e.r's emergency door.

"Emergency! Burning house survivors!" one of the rescuers yelled.

I sighed as I turned around and quickly placed Haneul's doctor's coat back in her swivel chair.

Haneul can wait, I need to do my job first.

*******

^_^