05

italic - thoughts

JEON HANEUL

I woke up because of small taps on my arms.

"Eonni, it's time to wake up and eat" my little sister and the youngest in our family, Haewon, called.

I immediately smiled when I saw her in her high pigtails.

"Eonni is awake" I said and sat on my bed.

"Dinner is ready!" she grinned and went up to my bed. She sat down beside me and hugged my waist. I smiled while looking down at her.

"When will Heeseung oppa come?" She asked while looking at me with her doe eyes.

My smile faded as I unconsciously rolled my eyes, remembering what happened earlier.

"I don't know yet won-ah, he's busy in the hospital" I patted her head and slightly pinched her cheek.

"Aww! but I miss him!" she removed her arms on my waist and pouted. I chuckled and pinched both her cheek this time.

"Don't worry, I'll tell him tomorrow that you miss him" I ruffled her hair and crunched my nose, not taking her cuteness anymore.

"Haneul! Haewon! Come down already!" Mom called from downstairs.

"Mom's calling, go down already. I'll just do something real quick" I said to Haewon, in which she obediently did.

After she left my room, I took my phone from my bed side table and turned it on.

Still, no text or call from him.

I sighed and shrugged it off.

Why do I expect to much. He wouldn't even notice my disappearance anyways.

I placed my phone on my bed and quickly went out of my room.

"Hey guys" I greeted while walking towards the kitchen.

"Are you okay now Haneul-ah?" my dad asked while eating.

"Yes dad, I guess I just lack sleep that's why I didn't feel good earlier" I said with a small smile and sat down on my usual spot on the dinner table.

We went on and ate while talking about random topics. Until my mom opened up something I really hate.

"When will you date someone Hani?" she asked and took a bite on her banana.

"Sorry to say but your daughter's not interested in dating" I said honestly and drank some water.

"Oh come on eonni! Live your life the fullest and just date someone!" My brother, Hyeon, said.

"I'm already living my life while being single" I stood up from my chair and started tidying the table by putting the used bowls and chopsticks on the sink.

"Whatever, bitter sis" Hyeon teased while also putting the used bowls on the sink.

My parents along with Haewon went upstairs after a few minutes to sleep. While me and Hyeon  stayed to tidy up the kitchen.

"You go to sleep already, you still have classes tomorrow. I'll be washing the dishes" I ordered Hyeon after he wiped the table. He gave me a quick hug first before going up the stairs.

I was left alone in the kitchen as I wash the dishes. Mind's flying elsewhere and was spacing out. I halted my movements and even flinched a little when I heard the doorbell ring.

I frowned and looked at the wall clock.

It's late already, who could that be?

With a frown, I walked to the door and opened it.