Chapter 1

Here comes the first chapter. I would love to have your feedback.Constructive criticisms are welcome.

love,

Jo

**************

It had been over five minutes since Ritika finished her shower but she stood loitering in the bathroom. She looked down at her figure hugging kurta and bit her lips in nervous excitement. After mentally rehearsing how she would bring up the topic with her husband, she peeped out of the shower.

Abhiram, her husband, stood near the bed, scrolling through his mobile with a scowl on his face. His shirtless torso gleamed in post work-out sweat. He must have just finished his daily exercise routine. Ritika blew out the breath she had been holding. Her ovaries were ready to burst. In every sense.

Abhiram didn't seem to be in a good mood. Looked like her plan was about to get busted. No harm in trying, she thought. She had had this conversation with him six months ago but he had not been ready for it then. This time she wouldn't let him off the hook easily. She would try every possible trick in the book to get him say yes.

She stepped into the room and sashayed her way to where the full length mirror stood. Abhiram's eyes were closed and his head slightly tilted up as he enjoyed the rush of air from the air –conditioner.

"Ram, have I put on weight?," she asked her husband innocently as she pretended to study herself in the mirror.

Abhiram's eyes opened. Ritika batted her eyelashes as his gaze flitted across her curves and rested on her face.

"Only at the right places," he replied huskily as his stood next to her facing the mirror. He was almost a head taller than Ritika.

Whatever she had planned seemed to be working. Only if she could push him a little more, she smiled to herself.

"Really? I think I have become fat," She ran her fingers through her wet hair and turned sideways, once again flaunting her curves.

"Not fat. Voluptuous," Abhiram corrected. He put his sinewy arms along her waist and slid his palm upwards to gently cup the delicious weight of her breast. Ritika took a sharp breath and silently watched them in the mirror. Slowly, she seemed to be losing grip of the situation.

"A penny for your thoughts."

"Nothing," Ritika replied calmly, but the naughty smile still hovered on her lips.

"Come on, tell me. What's so amusing?," Abhiram demanded.

Her plan was already backfiring. Abhiram seemed poised but her hormones had skyrocketed. He stood there in half- naked glory, his pure testosterone driven male body smattered with short dark hair that ran down his abdomen in a straight line. So much in contrast with her lush curves and soft skin, she thought and her mind wandered across dangerous territories.

"You will make fun of me."

"I won't."

"We look so different. Fundamentally." Ritika paused to study their reflection in the mirror once again thereby coaxing Abhiram to do the same. She then turned around to face him and put her arms around his neck.

"It turns me on," Ritika got on her toes and  whispered into his ears.What was she doing?Her plan had gone haywire, she thought. She had only wanted to start a conversation but it was fast turning  her into  a hot mess.

Abhiram gave out a sharp groan and soon his lips were on hers.there was nothing gentle about the kiss. It was urgent and hot.Her pliable lips parted at the onslaught and their breaths fused into one.

"Turn around," Abhiram commanded and Ritika did exactly what she was asked to. She faced the mirror and Abhiram was right behind her. His hand gripped her waist and pulled her towards him and aligned her body against his.

"Good girl. The door is locked," Abhiram said harshly.His lips landed on her neck where it met her shoulders and he groaned against her delicate skin. The hard evidence of his desire pressed against her back and a moan left her lips.

"Ram, wait. There is something I need to tell you," Ritika spoke as her breath came out in gasps. She needed to think coherently but right now all she could think of were the things Abhiram was about to do to her.

"Later," Abhiram said and fumbled with the elastic of her pajama pants.

"Ram, I want a baby," Ritika blurted out as she partially came back to her senses. Abhiram, however,was unfazed by her words. It might have even egged him on. Instead, his lip curled up in a half-smile. By now had undone the buttons at the back of her kurta.

A chill ran down her spine."I have stopped taking the contraceptives," she almost shouted.

Abhiram froze. Did he hear correctly? He groaned in frustration and let go of her.

"You did what?" He panted. He was painfully aroused and he needed a moment to wrap his head around what had happened. What could have happened , if Ritika hadn't stopped him.

Ritika quickly adjusted her dress and gave Abhiram a guilty smile.But Abhiram didn't find it funny at all.

"Honestly, I can't believe you almost tricked me into knocking you up," Abhiram said bluntly and glared at her.

"I did not." Ritika shrieked, feeling ashamed of how things had turned out. Her eyes travelled lower on his body and found that he was still hard.

He voluntarily took couple of steps backwards and ran his palm over his face. His breathing was still harsh.

"Is that why you chose to wear this dress? You never wear this to work,it makes you look too.. hot." 

"I'm sorry, I only wanted to have a conversation with you about this." Ritika was equally shaken.

"Let's save this conversation for later." Abhiram said in a gravelly voice.

"See you always deflect the topic." Ritika told him soflty, hoping he would understand.

"Ritu , I'm in no mood to talk. I need to take a shower. Evening, I promise." He picked up his towel from the bed and strode into the bathroom.

Ritika plopped down on the bed.

****