Chapter 2

Ritika plopped down on the bed. 

She felt like she had run a marathon. Her pulse was still erratic and her breathing came in shallow gasps.Bad timing, she thought. May be seven thirty in the morning was not the right time to talk to Abhiram about baby plans. She looked at her dress. It wasn't too revealing but just a snug fit on her.She wondered what had turned him on so much. She had bought it a couple of months ago when she went out shopping with Adhira, her sister-in-law. Abhiram eyes had widened like saucers when she had worn it that day which was why she chose it today.

Hurriedly, she changed into another set of clothes, something that wouldn't scream seduction and went downstairs, where Abhiram's parents lived.

Married to the love of her life for the last five years and blessed with a daughter, Abhika, Ritika was the happiest woman on earth. Abhiram and Ritika were childhood friends and their's was an arranged marriage. Abhiram had just broken up with his girl-friend, Rupa, when his parents asked for Ritika's hand in marriage. Ritika had been unsure as she had been an eye witness to Abhiram's relationship and break-up saga. But what Abhiram hadn't known was the fact that Ritika had had a major crush on him since her teens. It came to him as a sweet shock when she had told him.

Over the years, she had evolved into the woman she was today- a gifted dermatologist, a devoted mom and a fun loving wife who trusted her husband with her life.Now, she felt, was the right time for Abhika to have a sibling. She had spoken to Abhiram earlier but he hadn't been ready and Ritika had been putting off the discussion for later. She had to find out the reason or his reluctance and find a way to convince him.

****

What a brilliant start to the day, Abhiram pondered. He turned on the shower and stood underneath it, letting the cascading water cool down his hot body.While lathering up his body with the shower gel, he started day dreaming about his ideal vacation that he kept postponing due to his work commitment.

An idyllic resort tucked away in the middle of the ocean or somewhere along the ocean, Santorini or maybe Amalfi coast in Italy. The place wouldn't really matter, he decided, as long as it was in the lap of nature. And of course, he would want a plush, king-sized bed. He looked into the mirror and gave himself a devilish grin.He would have Ritika all to himself and have his wicked way with her.

What about Abhika, he thought, as a pang of guilt hit him. May be his parents could babysit her, while he had fun. He then shook his head vigorously as if he was trying to shake off his torrid thoughts. How could he be so selfish?This was exactly why he wasn't sure about another child. One more child meant double the responsibility and he was not ready for it, yet.

Their last vacation had been to Dubai and it hadn't felt like a vacation at all. He hated the man- made concrete jungle and the textured gardens. They had opted for it only because it was a very short flight and the chances of Abhika getting air sick were very minimal. Abhika was barely three years old then and all he did in that trip was baby-sitting. He hadn't been enjoying anyway, so he gave Ritika some time for herself. She had gone shopping with one of her school friends.

And now Ritika wanted another baby. He had carefully evaded the topic till today hoping she would get the cue and till today he hadn't realised how serious she was. Earlier, he had lost all his control but he stood no chance when Ritika had come out on him with all guns blazing. Thank heavens, she got back her senses and stopped him or he would have been deep inside her in no time.

He hadn't got his release and he had a busy day ahead. He wondered how he would survive a stupid meeting later in the day. Muttering a curse, he wiped his body and stepped out of the bath.After putting on a crisp powder blue shirt and black pants, he got down the stairs.