Chapter 1 - Unleashing the Beast

The Gremory family, the most welcoming and caring family any devil could hope to serve, anyone who was anything could join them and become something great. At least that is what the entire underworld and supernatural world thought. But the Gremory family they were thinking of was the one lead by Zayden Gremory, the 2nd head of the Clan and father of the current one, an ultimate class devil, and a war hero. He and his father shaped the Gremory Clan into what it was known for but it all changed when Zeoticus Gremory became head and Venelana Bael married into the family. This caused a major change in the attitude of the family and their values, and the birth and ascension of Sirzechs Gremory, now Lucifer, further cemented it. But due to their persona with other people being somewhat warm, nobody else seemed to question their change in behavior anymore.

But for one individual, this family was nothing more than scum. This individual was Valerian Lucifuge-Gremory, son of Sirzechs and his wife and queen, Grayfia Gremory. The reason for this was simple. During his birth, there were a lot of complications plus the stress Grayfia was under due to the Old Satan Faction attacks, permanently damaged his biology. Magic didn't nourish him that much and hence he was born with reserves that barely reached low-class and his body was very frail.

This caused a huge scandal in the underworld. The son of the strongest devil king was no special than a human? It was both unacceptable and hilarious. Rumors flew around that Grayfia had been unfaithful to Sirzechs, leading to tension building up in their relationship. This caused them to neglect their own son throughout the ordeal. The fights, arguments and borderline magic use finally stopped when Ajuka Beelzebub himself conducted a blood test on the child and proved he was indeed a Gremory, but he had inherited a majority of his features from his mother. The only feature of his father was the dazzling blue eyes that sparkled even in the darkest of nights. That accompanied with his silver hair and chiseled, aristocratic face made him very handsome, but alas, the only thing people considered was his power.

It did not help that a few weeks later Rias Gremory was born to Venelana and Zeoticus. She was born with very high amounts of demonic power for a devil and was said to have potential that could surpass Sirzechs. She also possessed the highly wanted and fabled Bael's Power of Destruction, something Valerian himself wasn't born with. This caused the family's attention to shift completely towards the red-haired heiress, and caused the poor boy to be left in the dark. His mother and father had also completely disregarded his existence by giving him to the servants, who looked at him with disgust and provided him with the bare minimum, so that they could all have a hand in raising Rias.

This caused the boy to grow up to be lonely, sad and malnourished. He was extremely small for a kid his age and anyone could see the outline of his bones through his clothes. But unfortunately, it wasn't enough to achieve consideration from his family.

However, he did not let this dishearten him. He always knew that his family was busy and the servants were too, thus he needed to take care of himself. Hence, he did everything with determination and poured a 1000% of his everything into any activity he did, just so he could receive a praise form someone. But slowly his hope began to fade as he saw that he would never be appreciated, but 'princess Rias' would be praised for even tripping while she stood completely still. If he asked any of his family members to do something with him, they would claim they are far too busy to indulge in something which would end up wasting their time, but they had loads of it when the heiress wanted to do anything, even his own mother, who would follow and complete her tasks even if the world was ending. This caused the seed of despair to be sown in his young heart and mind.

Others never knew of his treatment at home, except for his godmother, Serafall Leviathan, formerly Sitri. But even she did not do anything to help or acknowledge him. Despite his mistreatment, he vowed that one-day people will recognize him and his parents will say the word, 'we are proud of you.' But all of the hope faded when he was 6 years old. He realized the truth about his 'family'.