Chapter 5

6 Months Later, Lucifuge Estate, Underworld

In the blink of an eye, 6 months had passed away since the fateful day where the three young devils obtained their evil pieces. Valerian had returned from his trip to Wizarding Britain with two brilliant witches, both of whom were extremely strong in their own right and had extremely versatile skills and spells. This was quite a good trip for him since he got a new piece and a skilled healer, perfect for Vali's team.

Speaking of the two witches he brought back from Earth, the two had begun adjusting well with the system of the underworld and with their fellow devils. After removing the horcrux of the lunatic wizard that had summoned Valerian, Bellatrix had been asleep for a week straight due to the strain on her mind. While she was in the coma for a week, Narcissa created potions that were regularly injecting into her bloodstream to undo the effects of the dark ritual.

Valerian also used a few rituals that resulted in a stronger physical body and reduced the strain on the mind. These were developed for people who dabbled in Telepathic and Psychic magic, where one has to use the powers of their mind more than their body.

The results of these were good enough and Bellatrix was healed quite a lot after a week of continuous doses. According to Narcissa, who had been with her elder sister ever since she was a baby, Bellatrix had retained her former self and characteristics. The one that made her unique as Bellatrix Black and not the psychopathic murderer, Bellatrix Lestrange. She was much more level headed and her power had soared quite a bit as well since the horcrux had been leeching off her magic power for decades. She was given some magic replenishing potions to help bring her reserves back to what they were once; the reserves she possessed back when she was the under-17 dueling champion of Wizarding Europe.

Though she did retain a few qualities from her time as Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort's most trusted soldier. She still relished any form of battle and her bloodlust was as high as ever, making it a good thing for Valerian since he planned to eventually participate in the rating games. She was still a fanatic, though her loyalties had changed from Voldemort to Valerian now. Her submissiveness had increased a bit as well. It had led to quite a quite a few interesting situations between her and Valerian.

As for her sister, Narcissa Black had been reincarnated as Vali's first bishop. She had been extremely grateful to Valerian for what he did to free her sister and her. She had already lost her son in the stupid war, so she was no longer interested to fight for the bastard snake-face anyway. But Valerian had given her a second chance and she would be forever loyal to him and his fiancé for that.

She had field day checking out the books on magic that the Lucifuge family library contained as well. The blonde was fascinated by how devil magic worked, especially sicne they had no idea how magic circles functioned. They were taught that magic needs a foci and hence they used wands, but now she found out that a wand is just a crutch that helped better control magic. But a magic circle not only could help them control their magic better, it also allowed wizards to maximize the effect of the spell. Meaning that if initially she needed 1/4th of her reserves to cast a particularly strong dark curse, like the Fiendfyre curse; she now only needed 1/10th of it.

This was huge improvement for her and she began asking Valerian for lessons on how to utilize magic circles and if she could create a custom one for herself. Valerian not only provided her with amazing books to guide her, but he also personally coached her whenever he was not training himself. She thanked him in quite a pleasant way. (A.N: Check out my author's note)

All in all, it was a good six months for the two reincarnated devils.

Later that night

At the moment, Valerian and Vali, were joined by Sairaorg and Kuisha at Bael Castle, due to an urgent summon from Zekram Bael. Usually all of them would get together once a week since all of them had become extremely busy in their lives since all of them had to train as well as look after their peerage members and teach them etiquette and mannerisms of the Underworld. It was mandatory practice for all reincarnated devils and their kings. This was done so that they would not embarrass the nobility they were a part of in front of the council or other devil families.

Speaking of Sairaorg, he had acquired another piece along with Kuisha, his Queen, and Coriana Andrealphus. This time it was a rook piece, in the form of Gandoma Balam. Gandoma Balam is a pure blooded devil from the House of Balam, an extinct house from the original 72 Pillars that formed the Devil Society. The trait of this household is having superhuman strength and magic resistant skin. Very few forms of magic are able to penetrate or even damage the skin of the member of his house. They were an extremely strong family that held the rank of Prince, given to them by the original Lucifer.

He is an enormous guy who is about 3 meters (around nine feet) tall. He has a good build and his arms are thick till his fingers. His face resembles a monster rather than a human with his skin being tan in color. His eyes are pale blue-gray. Just like the other two members of Sairaorg's Peerage, he is extremely loyal to his king due to the circumstances from which he was saved by Sairaorg.

Due to his appearance and him being from an extinct family, he was bullied quite a lot by fellow devils ever since he was young. But one day when he was participating in a tournament for fighters that was hosted by a few organizers in the capital of Underworld, Lucifaad. However, he was not being permitted to participate in the tournament. The prize money for first position was quite a hefty sum, something he needed to stay alive in this cruel world that was driven by money.

He was about to lose hope and turn back, giving up on his life entirely, but Sairaorg arrived on the scene and had quite a few words with the officials. Ultimately, they allowed Gandoma to participate, despite not being happy about it. He won first place in that competition and ever since then, he has been indebted to Sairaorg. Eventually, after talking to each other for a few hours, Sairaorg finally decided to reincarnate him as his rook, gaining quite a strong piece and an extremely loyal ally. He would definitely aid him in his quest to become a Satan.

Soon Zekram arrived, looking more tired than ever. Instantly all of them knew that the matter was going to be catastrophic one way or another. The man was the oldest devil in existence and had more political influence than the current Four Satans combined. If he was shaken up, that meant the situation was dire enough to not ignore.

"Grandfather, is everything alright?" Sairaorg questioned as he looked at the man with worry in his eyes. He respected the man a lot. When his entire family had turned their back on him, he was the only one who supported Sairaorg and his mum. He not only tried to get the best doctors for his mother, but also had a great hand in Sairaorg being this powerful at the moment.

"These fuckers have completely lost it. They are going to plunge us into war once again," Zekram cursed as he sat down on the seat and gulped down a glass of whiskey. Ever since he had decided to rejoin the political landscape actively, he had been having one headache after another. The council had become quite corrupt and all of them had started behaving the same way the Old Satan's descendants had begun to at one point in time. Now he had quite a bit of workload in his hands to gain back his influence to the point where a word from him would be enough to stop everything.

He had made a very dumb decision when he chose to hand over the Great King Faction and its leadership to his son. He wanted to take time off after finally achieving his goal of restoring balance, peace and prosperity to devil society.

"What do you mean? Are the lower-class devils revolting, like we expected?" Valerian questioned as he raised an eyebrow. There were very few factors that could restart a civil war, and lower-class devils revolting was the least probable one.

"A reincarnated devil by the name of Kuroka Toujou, a nekoshou, has killed off her master, the Lord of House Naberius. The people who searched the scene found traces of Senjutsu and think she went insane with her powers. She has been labelled an SS-class Stray Devil. Her little sister, Shirone, was also present over there, but before she could be questioned many of the council tried to have her executed. I have stalled it, with support from the Satans, but we need to move quickly or else a war will be on our doorstep soon," Zekram said as he finally opened his eyes and looked the young devils in front of him with seriousness evident present in his eyes.

"The council has called for the extermination of the nekomata settled in the Underworld. If their plan succeeds, we could not only be at war with the Youkai, but also the Shinto Pantheon," he finished as everyone's eyes widened to epic proportions at that. Looks like they were about to get busy soon.