Chapter 3 - Evil Pieces & First Moves

4 years later (Valerian, Valiana – Age 14, Sairaorg- age 16)

We now see a teenage boy with dazzling silver-white hair and an aura that could only be described as pure elegance and royalty, and yet it had a wisp of ferocity under it, waiting to be unleashed. This was true even when he was sleeping. As the rays of light peeked through the curtains of his room at the Bael Lord's castle, his eyes fluttered open, revealing a set of magnificent, bright ice blue eyes that had specks of silver in them, that resembled a rotating star of sorts. These looked like they could see every bit of information in the world and when they looked at someone, they could gaze into the very depths of their soul. Just as he was about to get up and start for the day, a feminine hand grabbed his wrists quite roughly, trying to pull him back.

"Valerian… baby, 10 more minutes please?" asked a melodious voice from the bed, which belonged to a naked, voluptuous (for her age at least) girl with a similar shade of hair as him and a set of lovely light blue eyes.

This was Valiana Lucifer, the current heiress of the Lucifer Clan and fiancée of our protagonist. How did that happen? Well, it is quite a story.

The 2 of them had been close from the very day they had met. Both had to mature quickly since the circumstances demanded it and only the two of them could ever hope to understand the life, they had led up to the point they had found people who would care about them. For Valerian, it was the Bael grandfather-grandson duo, whereas for Vali it was Albion, her partner and Azazel, her foster father who had grown on her, despite his perverseness. After Azazel had taken her to the Grigori for fostering, the two of them had remained in touch despite the distance. They updated each other on their progress when it came to training and controlling their powers, and always checked upon the other one. Even if it was just to enquire as to how their day went. Needless to say, they had both started to have feelings for each other after spending quite a lot of time getting to know about the other one in three years. But what sealed the deal was a beautiful love story in itself.

But that is a tale for another time.

"You can sleep later Vali, we can't afford to be late today, or are you forgetting where we have to be today?" Valerian spoke up, his voice full of mirth.

The silver haired princess was up in an instant. They could not afford to miss this day; it is what they had been working towards for years now. Today was the day they were finally getting their evil pieces. Sairaorg and his fiancé, Kuisha Abbadon had already received theirs last year, and Kuisha surprised everyone by accepting the role as Queen of her future husband's peerage. She said she might use her evil pieces in the near future, if she felt like it. Going ahead with her example, Vali decided she would do the same thing as well. Maybe this would give her the boost in her demonic power that she so desperately needs in order to bring out the full potential of her sacred gear.

These past few years have been extremely fruitful for the trio of young devils under the tutelage of a Cadre like Azazel and the strongest first gen devil to ever exist in the form of Zekram Bael. The two of them together brought out the best in all of them and through the extensive use of rituals and other unorthodox techniques, the trio was already at Ultimate-Class level in overall strength, despite having reserves that were clearly over the rank. Even Sairaorg, who had only average demonic power for a high-class devil, now boasted reserves that were easily present in the lower echelons of the Ultimate-Class rank. One sacrificial ritual was performed, and voila, Sairaorg now had much more demonic power. This however, had put great strain on his body and even after a year he could only train and fight for an hour and a half at most, before his body started to ache. He once pushed himself for another hour and was left paralyzed and in great pain for about 12 days. The lecture he had to listen to from both his fiancé and grandfather was… entertaining to say the least. At least for the silver haired couple who enjoyed the show from the couch in his room. Valerian had offered the same deal to Kuisha but the blonde denied it saying she did not need the power boost now. Plus, the only reason her fiancé could even go on and train for an hour and a half was because his physical strength outclassed everyone they knew. The same could not be said about her.