Chapter 2 - Allies & Fated Meeting

It had been a few months since our silver haired protagonist performed the Eternal Ice Heart ritual and became one of the strongest beings in the supernatural world if only demonic power was being compared. A few months since he had declared his family dead in his eyes and vowed to make them realize what they had lost. And he was going to savor the look of despair that covered their faces when he shows them what they had lost and now, will never have.

Ever since that day, something had died within him. Knowing that no matter what pain and mutilation he went through, he will never be acknowledged made Valerian's hatred towards his family reach new heights. He tempered his anger with his steel cold will, being overwhelmed by his determination to surpass all others.

The very next day, he had begun experimenting his newfound powers and abilities. The biggest and probably the best change had to be the level of his Demonic Power. Where previously it was comparable to a tiny ice cube, it was now a raging blizzard of magic. If he had to compare himself to other supernatural beings, he would be classified as low deity-class! With training he could easily compare to the likes of Major Gods like the Hindu Trinity that currently occupy the top spot in Deity Class, just below Ophis and Great Red. Not only did it boost his demonic power, but it also increased his control over it, allowing him to conceal it, making it seem as though he was only a High Low-Class or Middle-Class Devil in power. This would surely surprise his 'family'.

Now that his magic had ascended to a certain level, he could finally begin practicing his magic. The first thing he did though was placing runes all around a certain area in the forest that no one ever really visited, thus making an invisible barrier that prevented anyone from discovering him as it blocked sight, sound and smell. The person would also turn away as the barrier cast an illusion over the people nearby to stay away from the area. It was quite handy. Although, it took a lot of time for him to set that up, he was glad that he did. Now he could let his magic go and no one would notice as it blocked detection spells completely.

So, to signify his first attempt at using magic, he began practicing with his most natural and preferred affinity: ice. He cast a simple spell that would freeze the legs of the enemy for a few seconds to either allow the caster to escape or assassinate them. But when he did cast the spell, he noticed the change in his ice. It had turned black! It was the exact same color as the Orb of Avarice and the organ beating in his chest. The temperature was also insanely low when compared to the ice magic of his 'mother' or the current Leviathan.

But another thing left him completely stumped. Apparently, the Orb could be considered somewhat of a sacred gear as it did grant the wielder an ability. If it had to be known in lay man's terms then it granted user a simple power: Infinity or Limitless. Any ice spells he casts only required the initial power to cast them, after that they would remain like that unless removed if he willed it; if they were overpowered by superior forms of magic; or if he exhausted his reserves completely, which was highly unlikely but if he did fight another deity or Satan class being, he might have an issue. And some spells did take up a lot of energy.

Other spells required the caster to constantly empower them with their demonic power to sustain them so it was boon, but he had to come up with a way to minimize the output of his energy.

One day, when he was feeling curious, he decided to lower the temperature of his ice to the lowest point he could. To his surprise, due to the ritual, he had obtained the ability to turn bring his ice magic down to the legendary state of absolute zero, something that neither his 'mother' or Serafall Leviathan, two of the strongest ice magic users, could achieve. What was even more amazing was with his insane control over his ice magic, he could freeze anything, even magic circles, in less than a nanosecond. The downside was the range. His absolute zero ice, or eternal ice as he started to call it, could only reach up to 5 meters. So, anything after that, although insanely powerful, could be blocked by an Ultimate-Class Devil. Thus, he began training to expand his range as well.