The Wall is What./First Meetings

[A/N: I forgot to mention, but Alex was adopted at seven and Emery was adopted at four. Also, I'm not typing out Hagrid's accent, that gave me a stroke to read in the books-]

{August 28, Alex and Emery's room}

3rd Person POV

Alex looked around at his belongings, which were scattered across the room. Emery's, however, were neatly packed into either her suitcase or the bookshelf in their room. He sighed and packed some clothes. "How are we supposed to get to this 'Hogwarts' place anyways? it's not like we have a flying car or whatever."

Emery rolled her eyes and pulled her suitcase next to the door. "If you would've let me help, you wouldn't be having this issue." She said, ignoring his question

Alex groaned and looked up at her. "I told you, I didn't need help. And obviously, I found it, so I'm fine."

What was this item, you might be wondering. Was it a valuable piece of jewelry from his late parents? No. Was it an important keepsake? No. What was it?
A hoodie.

The only one he had, and it was in emerald green with a black star on the back. Iconic.

Emery watched as he folded it and placed it at the top of his suitcase. "You're really going to bring it. To a wizard school."

Alex nodded. "It's my prized possession, okay."

"Whatever you say, hermano."

"Shut up, Em-"

Emery shrugged and dragged her suitcase to the door. "Hurry up, we have to clean the kitchen."

Alex shut his suitcase and zipped it closed. "Alright, I'll clean up my mess and then I'll help you with that."

--3 hours later--

Alex and Emery were sitting around their room and reading whatever books they'd checked out at the nearest library when there was a loud knock on the door. "What the-" Alex jumped and fell off the bed, groaning as he got back up and rubbed his head. "Owww..."

Emery snorted and climbed off the top bunk. "Idiot."

After a moment, Richard, their adopted dad, showed up at their bedroom door seething with anger. "What did you two do this time?!"

Alex looked at him, slightly scared. He'd never seen the man that mad before, and he kinda shrunk back and avoided eye contact.

Emery looked at Richard, unfazed. "We didn't do anything, what are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb, you know what you did!" Richard yelled, making Alex shrink back further and bite his lip slightly to keep from crying.

Emery glanced back at Alex before glaring at their 'father.' "I swear, we didn't do anything! Why are you so mad at us?"

Richard glared back at her before turning around. "There's someone downstairs asking for you and your brother." He left back downstairs as Emery turned to face Alex with worry in her eyes.

"Hey, what's the matter?" She asked him, reaching out her hand to offer him comfort.

Alex pulled away a little, shaking his head. "It's nothing, it's just- nothing, it's nothing. I'm fine, don't worry about it."

Emery frowned, but shrugged and turned around, heading to the door. "I'm gonna see who's at the door. Call for me if you need anything, 'k?" Alex nodded and sat on the floor as she left to see who it was.

Emery got to the bottom of the stairs and looked at the half-giant standing in the doorway. "Who are you?"

The figure spoke, "Name's Hagrid. I'm here to take you and your brother to where you'll be staying until the term starts."

Kimberley sighed in relief. "Please, keep them out of my house and as far away as you can for as long as possible."

"Um.. you're not going to question this at all? I mean I'd give anything to not see your faces for as long as I can manage, but a random giant-" Emery started, looking at Kimberley in pure and utter confusion.

"Half giant." Hagrid corrected.

"Half giant-" Emery continued, "take us to some random place? Kinda icky-"

"Shut up and get your brother." Kimberley shooed Emery away and began asking Hagrid how long they could possibly stay gone and other stuff.

Alex was writing aggressively in one of his notebooks, not noticing that Emery walked in. She sat next to him and poked his arm "Someone's here to take us to that wizard school."

Alex looked up from his notebook and closed it. "You're saying we can finally leave?"

"Hopefully for the rest of our lives, yes." Emery nodded, standing up and grabbing her suitcase. "I doubt they can actually force us to come back, it's not like they have that level of control."

Alex stood up and put his notebook in a bag he was going to take with him, also grabbing his suitcase. "True."

{four days and some random boat chase later}

Alex, Emery, Harry, and John were all standing next to platform nine and ten with their newly acquired pets, wands, uniforms and the like. They also had trunks to carry all their stuff in, because in Hagrid's words, 'Nobody's gonna let you on the train with those old things (referring to the suitcases they had prior).'

Alex was the first to speak among the four. "... So how are we supposed to get to platform 9 3/4?"

Harry shrugged, looking around for answers. "Dunno, maybe it's activated by a spell of some kind?"

John looked around before spotting a redhead kid with a rat in a cage. "Guys look!"

The kid glanced around before sucking in a breath and running straight at the wall between platforms nine and ten. Alex's eyes widened. "He's gonna run straight into the-"

All of a sudden, the kid phased through the wall, cart and everything.

"He- what?? How?!" All for of them said in unison, looking at each other. Alex went up and pressed his hands against the wall, pushing them through.

"Hey guys- I think I found the platform!"

John walked up to it and stuck his head through, seeing a bunch of people dressed in robes and whatnot. He pulled his head back out and looked at the others. "Guys- the wall is like a portal or something!"

Emery and Harry glanced at each other before walking forward, pushing their carts forward at first and then themselves, immediately followed by John and Alex. They all looked around in awe, then one by one, their eyes set on the train in front of them.

Alex gasped and walked right up to the front of the platform, followed by Emery, Harry, and John. "We get to ride that thing?"

Emery nodded. "Guess so. We should find an empty spot, then." Alex, of course, took this as an initiative to run straight up to the train with his luggage and head into the first empty train car he saw. Emery rolled her eyes and followed, being a little more cautious with her movements.

Once they all got situated, the redhead that they saw go through the platform earlier came up to them, specifically Harry. "Mind if I sit here?" He asked, sitting down across from Harry anyways. Harry shrugged, glancing at the area that John, Alex, and Emery were sitting in, Alex excitedly rambling about something he couldn't quite hear.

An introduction and food trade later, a bushy-haired girl came up and sat with Harry and the redhead, who we now knew as Ron.