49

She had taken his breath away. He had had no idea what his sisters and Lexie had done with her when they had picked her up earlier but he had expected her to come home to meet him looking as tired and exhausted as she had been when she left. But instead she had looked gorgeous. Her skin was glowing, her hair was styled and she looked happier than he remembered ever. He had been sitting on the couch, watching some videos from past Daytona races, taking note of some of the turns and she had just walked in. At first, he had been prepared to jump up and help her into bed. His sisters had a tendency to get wrapped up in things, but when he had turned around and seen her, the soft smile on her lips as she held a garment bag, he hadn't been able to breathe.

She was always so beautiful to him, something that had to do with the fact she was carrying his son but she had been more beautifully exhausted than anything else. But she hardly look exhausted right now. She looked refreshed and relaxed, like whatever they had done to her and brought out every single good thing about this pregnancy. She was amazing. When she had insisted she get dressed by herself, he had been a little worried and had stood outside the door, listening for any falls. But nothing had ever come and when she had stepped out just a few seconds earlier in the green dress that brought out the green in eyes, he had just stared, stared at the way the dress hid nothing. "You're not saying anything," she chewed her lip.

"I...I don't know what to say," he breathed.

"Oh," she stared down at the dress. "I look like a huge lime or kiwi or something, don't I?"

"God no."

"I don't?" she murmured, her hair falling into her face in a way that made him want to reach out and gently pull. She was incredible.

"You look...gorgeous."

"Oh," she blushed, and he suddenly noticed that she had some make up on, something that made her skin glow and sparkle.

"You're beautiful," he murmured, his hand finding hers.

"Thank you," she giggled softly.

"You're welcome."

"Sophie got me the dress."

"Sophie knows what she's doing."

"And Emily got me these sandals," she pulled up the hem of the long green dress to reveal little gold sandals with a small heel. They had discovered that too flat shoes made her back burn and too high heels made her center of gravity go out the window. But the gold sandals were perfect, and he smiled when he noticed her freshly painted pink toes.

"Very pretty," he murmured.

"I like them too."

"Comfortable?"

"Very. They don't hurt my feet at all."

"Good," he smiled.

"I really love my new outfit," she giggled, running her hand over her stomach.

"It's perfect."

"Good," she breathed and his eyes were drawn to her swollen cleavage.

"Hmmm..."

"We...we're going to be late."

"We are," he breathed.

"So we should..."

"Go."

"Right," she smiled warmly and she moved past him. He noticed her hand wasn't on her back, supporting the enormous weight she was carrying and she seemed to move so much more gracefully, so gently. He took a deep breath, watching the way the dress framed her new curves as she walked towards the front door. He couldn't breathe.