memories

☆Prologue☆

I was on my way up to the cabin to help Hannah, Beth, and Josh set up everything for our Annual friend group get together. I normally went up with the siblings but I had something to do first so I just decided to head up later that day. I of course, let the siblings know immediately that I was done and on my way. I had a group chat for just me and the siblings so we had our own outside of group group chat since I was an official Annual group get together planner. Hannah and Beth and "offically" adopted me as their third sister after sticking with them for years.  I was one of the only people to actually meet their parents, the others being Sam and Chris. Their mom loved me while their dad was indifferent, which they assured me was normal for him.

The sisters knew of my crush on Josh, they insisted that he felt the same but I didn't wanna chance the wonderful friendship we already had. This however didn't stop the sisters, they always playfully fought over the spot to be my maid of honor. I always loved how much I truly felt like I was apart of the family with them. I wasn't too thrilled at the thought of their dad being my father in law but I had no problem with their mom at all, she was nice enough that I wouldn't mind her being my mother in law.

~~~

I was looking through all the photos on my phone as I waited for this stupid cart thingy to take me up the mountain. I smiled softly to myself at all the memories.

♧♧♧

Our friend group had hung out together at prom and after prom. Even if I didn't gather up the courage to ask Josh to be my date to prom, I at least got to hang out with him there. I however loved that night. Me, Hannah, Beth, and Sam mostly stuck together. However the most memorable part of the night was the slow dance with Josh that I got thanks to his sisters pushing us together.

♧♧♧

I continued looking through all the pictures, every weird selfie that me and the twins took or me and Josh hanging out, me and Sam, me and Chris. I had a few of the me and the rest of the group but they didn't come close to how many I had of me with Sam, Josh, Chris, Hannah or Beth. I had a few videos too, of me, Josh, and Chris playing small harmless pranks on Hannah or Beth or both. I think my lucky stars every day that I'm with my friends that I found friends like them.

I looked up as the thing finally came to a stop and picked up my bags as the door opens. To my surprise I was greeted by Josh who I guess decided to come down here and meet me so I didn't have to walk all the way up by myself. it wasn't too out of charater, he used to do similar stuff back in high school with my classes. I never knew how he got there so fast but I always welcome a friendly face to walk with.

"Josh? What made you come all the way down here?" I asked, Stepping out of the carriage thingy raising an eyebrow at him.

"What? A man like myself can't let a lady like yourself walk up this trail by yourself. Besides I thought it would be nice to have a nice calm walk up and down this trail. My sisters are driving me crazy waiting for you" he said looking at me with that smile I loved. I knew his sisters were excited for my arrival as always. They act like they don't see me almost every day but I always loved it. It felt nice having someone that was so excited to see me all the time.

I smiled back as I let him take one of bags from my hand, it was almost completely auto pilot for us. I followed him as he walked back up the trail towards the Cabin. He was right after all, it was so calm and nice on the trail. I loved it out here, the woods were so comforting and silent except for the normal sounds of animals.

"So, what's been new with you. I know you've been a little stressed out recently" I said glancing at him trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, well you know how it is. These get togethers always stress me out a bit. But I'm hoping this times gonna be a little bit different" he said looking at the trail ahead of us.

I nodded "yeah, I just hope we can all relax and get along like we used to." I said softly.

Other than a small nod from Josh agreeing with my statement it was quiet the rest of the walk up to the cabin. It wasn't an awkward silence that you were probably expecting. Me and Josh would sometimes spend time together, without talking, just enjoying each other's company. Sometimes you don't need to talk to someone to bond with them. Sometimes someone's presence is enough.

We soon reached the cabin and I quickly set to work helping the siblings set everything up. Thankfully we work so well together cause soon after we finished, everyone started arriving.

However things didn't stay nice, I will admit I drank a bit but nowwhere near Josh and Chris. I didn't know anything about the prank because if I did it wouldn't have ended well for anyone involved. I soon heard yelling however signalling something was going down. I quickly as I could walked to where everyone was. I saw them all standing by the open front door, getting there just in time to see Beth disappear into the woods which really made me sober up.

"What the hell is going on? Where's Beth going?" I asked slightly panicking cause the snow was getting worse.

Sam looked at the group before looking at me "they played an awful prank on Hannah, she ran out. Beth is going to get her back" she said looking back at the group, disappointed in them.

"It was just a prank, she didn't need to freak out" Emily said. Now that set me off. It was somewhat the alcohol talking as well as my protective nature over the sisters but I stormed over to Emily and hit her before trying to run off after Beth. I was however stopped by Sam who tried to reason with me, that it was too dangerous for all of us to run around outside and that they knew these woods well enough to find their way back.

Oh I wished I hadn't listened to her. A part of me wonders if I had followed after them, would they still be here? Or would I be dead too? I just wished I had been able to do more. I should have protected them better, I should have known Emily would pull something to hurt Hannah. Our friend group somewhat fell apart after that. Me and Josh mostly cutting contact with everyone but Chris and Sam who didn't have anything to do with that awful prank. It was my idea, to get therapy to help cope with the loss of Hannah and Beth. I knew we both needed it. I felt like I had lost my sisters as well, all those Plans we had made were shattered in that moment.

I grew to resent most of my friends in turn. I hated how Emily and Jess didn't think this through, they knew Hannah was sensitive. Why the hell did Mike agree to do something like that. Why did Matt and Ashley agree to go along with it. The only ones I truly didn't hate anymore was Chris, who was out drunk like Josh, and Sam who the moment she found out about the prank tried to stop it.