63- Same plan

Now that Sameera's culprits were also captured, everyone's focus was back on saving the world. Researchers were working hard on their given tasks, but they knew something extraordinary had to happen if everyone wanted to survive.

Reyansh, Sarika and Kriti had been thinking about a plan while sitting in her living room. Other researchers were still in the lab, finishing some pending work and were going to join them soon.

After thinking and rejecting lots of ideas, Kriti suddenly jumped up as an idea came to her mind. "How about we use the power of elements to create the things we need for saving people? Instead of just sending elements in the disaster zones and exposing them, how about we mix their powers with technology and then send out that technology?"

"That's...that's a great idea," Reyansh agreed with the young woman's creativity.

"Can you please elaborate the idea?" Sarika asked, liking the idea but not understanding how it would work.

"Umm...like we can take Avan's and Sameera's help for the creation of oxygen. We all know there is a huge shortage. Avan can speak with the original producers of oxygen and Sameera can help regulate its level on the air."

Reyansh and Sarika nodded thoughtfully, actually liking the idea. It was a lot of work but if it got successful, then it was going to help many.

"And we can use Ahana's —" Kriti's idea was cut off when the other researchers entered the house with full excitement.

"Sir, Tej has thought of an amazing idea," Dhruv's mother told Reyansh with excitement.

Reyansh gestured to all of them to take a seat and turned towards Tej with raised eyebrows.

"Electricity is down and so are the batteries. How about we use Ahana's fire inside the bulbs? We can also try mixing it with flashlights. If this works out, not only the regular houses but also the rescue workers will get the benefit. They are having a hard time getting the stuck people out because of the lack of lights.

"There's no other person, except Neer, who has the power to destroy or manipulate Ahana's fire. The lights made from her fire wouldn't go down ever.

"And while we are at it, we can use Neer's power to generate hydroelectric power.

"The main benefit, the agriculture that has stopped. Farming needs a balance of all elements. If four of them come together, the scarcity of crops will also diminish."

Tej puffed out some air after ending his speech. He was expecting some praises or at least some questions about his idea, but all he got was stunned looks.

Reyansh and Sarika glanced warily at Kriti, who had her hands fisted and was breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?" Tej asked, noticing the weird expressions.

"Kriti gave the same base plan of using elements with technology," Sarika informed in a quiet voice.

"I...I swear I didn't copy your idea," Tej stuttered, thinking the past was repeating itself. "Kriti, I swear, I wasn't aware that you had the same idea. It was something I thought of just half an hour ago..."

His pleas were halted when Kriti showed her palm. She sighed, her lips twisted as she tried to make sense of it.

Abhinav, Payal and Dhruv's mother too interjected saying that Tej had got this idea when lights kept going on and off in the lab.

"Kriti, I didn't...I seriously don't know how this keeps happening. But I swear, I didn't know about your idea at all. I didn't copy the idea," he tried for the last time, although he had already given up internally.

"I know you didn't copy," Kriti yelled in frustration, "How will you, when I got this idea just a few minutes ago? While you, not only had the same plan, but with extra ideas of its execution," she cried at last.

"Hey, why are you crying girl?" Reyansh spoke gently, while patting her back. "This doesn't make your idea any less important. We can use both the ideas as his plan focuses on the twins and yours on the other two elements.

"What happened today isn't something to get sad about. This just shows that both of your minds run on the same track. And if you work together, there will be guaranteed success."

Tej stood there silently, biting his lips nervously. He had lost his best friend over something similar years ago and now he was about to lose any civil relationship that was left with her.

"I am not crying about that. I know that our team will use both the ideas and make them a success," Kriti informed Reyansh, before looking towards Tej with guilt, "I am crying because there is a higher chance that Tej wasn't lying back then. That...that he really thought of the same idea coincidentally. This means I wronged him...I...," Kriti couldn't finish as she burst out crying, the agony of how she acted felt like daggers to her heart.

She fell down on her knees as all those memories of her accusing him came to her mind. Tej immediately ran and squatted down in front of her. Hugging her tightly, he comforted her with his gentle words.

"I am so sorry. I was so foolish," she apologized over and over again, while Tej kept saying that it was done and over with.

Everyone else could see the love between them except the people who were in love. Tej and Kriti were so close since childhood that it was difficult for them to even know whether their heightened emotions were of love or that of the closest friend. No one uttered a thing to them, knowing they needed to repair their friendship first before anything else.

They silently watched Tej console Kriti who was crying out of guilt.

"Leave the past behind. Now, we need to show everyone how awesome we are as project partners."

Kriti looked up at Tej with confusion, "Project partners?"

"Well, if an idea came from both of us then this will become our project, right Sir?" He questioned Reyansh while answering Kriti at the same time.

"Of course. I will lead the team but you two will lead this project," Reyansh agreed.

The whole team had smiles on their faces. The journey ahead was no doubt hard, but at least now they could see the road they had to walk on.