64- Maintenance

The plan was set but a small group of researchers weren't enough to make a huge difference in the world. And hence Ravi and his team joined the researchers, effectively calling out help from all the big shots in the world. One connection to the other, slowly by slowly, the entire world joined the venture.

Elements were still a secret. The mixing of their powers with technology was done only and only by the researchers' team, and then the further process was shared among the world.

The teams were divided into two parts: one- that battled with the ongoing disasters; while the second tried searching for the root causes behind the condition of the world. They knew that unless the root cause was found, these disasters would never end. But without the help of Team one who battled with the current disasters, Team two wouldn't be able to even start their work.

Harmony was needed among everyone for this to work.

Elements gave out their powers as much as they could, and even scared everyone when they went past their limits. The number of times Ahana and Neer had fallen unconscious was uncountable. This continued for a while before Gyaan stepped in, and changed the style of extracting their powers. He worked continuously, trying to heal the elements, and also helped out the researchers with his immense knowledge.

"Goodness! I am so done. I need a vacation of at least ten years," Ahana said, plopping down on the bed.

"Ten years? Aren't you exaggerating too much?" Gyaan rolled his eyes, before taking a seat beside her.

One by one all the kids and elements took their seats either on the bed or on the floor, except Rewa and Tejas. Both of them handed out the sandwiches and cold drinks to everyone, before sitting down themselves.

"Sorry, I only know how to make this," Rewa said sheepishly.

Kriti's parents had gone to their relative's place and the researchers were pulling all-nighters. Lack of elders and utterly exhausted elements ultimately made the kids take charge of the house.

"Don't apologize. You could have just given us plain water, and I wouldn't have noticed," Sameera said, as she fought to keep her eyes open.

"Thanks for the sandwiches, Rewa. We really needed some food," Neer said, smiling at her, before thanking Tejas for helping as well.

"We should be the one thanking you. You all are doing so much," Rewa replied, before turning towards her friends excitedly, "Guys remember, how we prayed for the elements to come and help us when we first read the colourful book?"

"Ah yes! We knew that for the world to survive we needed their help," Dhruv and Ayaan piped up.

"But then our hopes died down tremendously when we realized that these elements were flawed. None of them were as powerful as their ancestors," Sarah said in her usual pessimistic tone.

"We still aren't," Ahana muttered, gesturing towards their disheveled condition.

"Yeah, at one point everyone thought that nature was mocking us by sending flawed elements," Rewa said, earning raised eyebrows from the elements, "but now, I don't think that was the case."

"Looks like the great Rewa has another theory. Please, do tell us what you think now." Sarah clapped dramatically, but then seeing Rewa's fallen face, she added, "Don't take it to heart. You know me. Now tell us fast, what were you saying," turning dramatic again, she said, "I will die out of the wait, if you don't reveal your theory."

Avan threw the pillow near him at Sarah, effectively stopping her and giving Rewa some peace to continue.

"Well, I don't think nature was mocking us by sending flawed elements. In fact, I think it has redeemed its mistake.