■ Chap. 5 / Leaving Adventure Bay ■

Narrator's POV

These flashbacks coming into Chase's head before he fell asleep set up a dream for the German Shepherd.
Chase was in Adventure City. Things happened that made Chase a new hero in town. He had just saved the city. As he has just received a medal from the town's new mayor, he walks over to Skye and gives her the medal.
"We did it together. This medal is for you." Chase said in a soft voice.
"You're right. I'll keep this...in our puphouse." Skye said, embarrassed.
"Our...puphouse?" Chase asked, embarrassed too.
"Yes, our puphouse." Skye repeated louder.
"I've always...um..appreciated you Skye."
"Me too, Chase."
"I know you do too but...I still can't say it." Chase said.
"Do we have to say it at the same time? Oh and Chase, do you remember Adventure Bay's town hall fire a long time ago?" Skye asked.
"I remember every second of that."
"Before being unconscious, I tried to say a sentence. This sentence is the same as what I am going to say to you right now." Skye said.
"Let's say it at the same time in 3 seconds." Chase said.
"three...two...one, I love you!" both say at the same time while looking at each other with a shy smile.

Chase wakes up suddenly, he realizes he just dreamed.
"Ugh, I hate dreams. Why are there any if none of this is going to happen." Chase says to himself.
It's the big day for Chase. He will leave with Skye for Adventure City where he has to help Liberty to welcome the new mayor.
Helping is not a problem for Chase, the problem is this town. Despite overcoming his fears, Chase is still scared of Adventure City. No one knows that except himself and Skye who guessed it.
Within minutes, Chase is packing his bags and leaving his puphouse, ready to go. He would have excepted that the rest of the pups would be sleeping, but most are awake. Skye, also ready, waits for Chase in the PAW Patroller while Ryder gives the orders to Robo-Dog.
The brave boy sees Chase.

"Hey Chase! Get in the PAW Patroller." Ryder says.
"Can I speak to you in private?" Chase asks.
Ryder and Chase go behind the PAW Patroller, and Chase starts talking:
"What if...something goes wrong again? What if..."
"Chase, you are the bravest pup I know. You are not alone, Skye is with you. I will tell her to take care of you if anything goes wrong." Ryder says.
What Ryder and Chase don't know is that Skye eavesdropped on their conversation through the window of the PAW Patroller.
"Ha! I knew that Chase is still afraid of this town." Skye says to herself.