chapter 19 The origins of the dragon eye and ancestors

These takes place in the morning after the events in hidden sixth class
Hiccup: yawns
Toothless: then stretches his back
Hiccup: come on bud let's get some breakfast
Toothless: gaves a low rumble
Hiccup: let me get just change my shirt gimme a sick
He then changes his shirt
Hiccup: come on but let's go
They then walk to the clubhouse where Toothless eats salmon and some deep sea fish. Hiccup eats a few chicken wings and eggs
After finishing his breakfast
Toothless: went back to Hiccup's hut and slept on his stone bed
Hiccup: Fishlegs do you want to check on the journals we found yesterday
Fishlegs: I thought you never asked
They then make their way to Fishlegs's hut
Hiccup: can I start now
Fishlegs: let just get a chair. He then sits on a chair. Continue now Hiccup
Hiccup: then begans reading the journal
Hello my name iean, this is written to capture the crazy adventurers me and tribes people have been through. So right now you must be asking who am I and what crazy adventurers. I am talking about , well let's start from the beginning of all things. I was once a common everyday man protecting my home and village from the dragons. We didn't have much food for the winter. Which we hated them for leaving us to starved. One day I managed to weakened a deadly nadder just enough to have the killing blow. But suddenly various other nadders came and caused me to retreat. It linger in my brain how they came to save their injured friend. Did they have emotions ? I quickly push down that thought they raid took our food and left us starving. Things continued like they used to for 2 weeks the dragons raid us, they attack us we fight back. I began to realise the pointlessness of this fight the more we fight the more the dragons become aggressive and bloodthirsty. I thought the more we fought the longer these meaningless fight continues. So I thought what if instead of fighting we tamed instead of them becoming a burden, they will become the ones who will ease the pain. I first trained a terrible terror which was difficult and long process. But the end result made everything worth it. I found taming a dragon was possible. After that I went from terrible terror to Gronckle to deadly nader to monstrous nightmare. It didn't happen over night. It took me 2 months for all these to happen. There are bad effects of knowing you can tame dragons. During the raids when you realise that dragon are like people who have emotions. It kills you on the inside it makes you feel like you killed inocent people. It was a burden that never left my head. I always remember whenever try I to train a dragon I feel like torturer undeserving of their trust. So I made a plan to teach my close friends about how beautiful and majestic dragons are. Don't you think it was easy. Oh boy it was so difficult that I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life. But as difficult as it was to make a bond with dragons for my dear friends, at the end they showed they are perfect for dragon taming at one point. I thought they can tame dragons better. During my time teaching them we unintentionally found the root of the raids. Our tamed dragons tooked us there. At first we thought they were rebelling but as they took us far from our home. We soon saw a black shadowy island. As we enter the island through a cave system. We found the dragons throwing there kills into the misty abyss below. We all wondered why did they throw they're food down there. When a zippleback came which had no food as began to fly to other zippleback. We saw a humongous  dragon come out of the abyss the dragon ate the zippleback whole.
Hiccup: Fishlegs these sounds familiar
Fishlegs: yeah it seems familiar. Just can't remember it. Wait a minute Hiccup this is talking about the red death
Fishlegs: Hiccup there are other riders out there before us
Hiccup: and from what it tells these Iean must the first ever dragon rider in history. This changes everything Fishlegs
Fishlegs: yeah and imagine what we can find from this journal. Let's continue reading this journal
Hiccup: then continues to read it loud
My friends and I debated on should we tell the chief or not. At the end we decided we told the chief how we found cause of the raid. When we did the chief prisoned us and threatened to kill our dragons. If we didn't tell him were is this island. I didn't want to tell him that because they would sail to the island and get themselves killed because because of there studborness. At midnight I manged to open the cells then we along with our dragons we left our village. I hold back my tears from leaving my birthplace.  We then bulid a camp on faraway island. My backstory stops here now that I have clear who am I. Let's talk about my present situation I am now a leader of a island filled with various dragons. I am not going to tell you everything you about my adventurers. You can look at the next pages it has them more detailed. We soon run into a problem the paper in which we stored all of our knowledge. They began to degrade for these reason I made a new alloy called dragon scales. It is made of a small amount of Gronckle iron mixed with stryke class dragons shedded scales. It lasts much longer then normal paper. It is a useful short term solution. But we need a long time solutions. So this is why I plan on contacting a device that can lost longer and can store various knowledge that fill entire books shelves.
Hiccup: that's how the idea of the dragon eye must have came
Fishlegs: hiccup remember the handle on the pillar we found on that island
Hiccup: that must have been a prototype.
Fishlegs: that makes sense since maintaining such a device would be difficult and let's not forget if it there is any damage the whole thing needs to be repaired
Hiccup: your right something is bothering me Fishlegs
Fishlegs: what is it Hiccup ?
Hiccup: Fishlegs if these civilization trained dragon. Then where are they and what happened to them ?
Fishlegs: could you elaborate
Hiccup: In the previous journal we learnt about the man but there's close to no reference to ancestors nothing just they were my ancestors beside that nothing. No civilization just falls just like that there a dragon based civilization there must be a reason
Fishlegs: Hiccup I agree this is odd perhaps we should look for the journal for answer
They then flip through various pages of the journals until they find a page they were looking for
Fishlegs: Hiccup this it
Hiccup: then looks at the page as hears Fishlegs describing how traitors from the tribes sold these knowledge to other tribes. And explaing the causing of berserk tribe learning how to harness the skrills power. And how he felt knowing that his thrust for knowledge caused these all. He then burrows all the knowledge away
Hiccup: I don't know what to say Fishlegs
Fishlegs: Hiccup this is I don't have words to describe it

To be continued in chapter 20