Chapter Three

Friends to Enemies

"Niki, run!"

She didn't need to be told twice. She and Gregory took off down the stairs to the centre of the atrium, Freddy giving chase. Niki was so busy looking back at Freddy to make sure he wasn't gaining, that she almost didn't see the animatronic in front of her until it was too late.
She turned back, to see Foxy there, tail lashing and eyes narrowed as she skidded to a halt, causing Gregory to nearly tumble over her.

They tried to turn left, but were greeted by the face of Roxy, snarling at them. When they turned right, they were cornered against the party table and the small raised section of the atrium.
"No where to run," Foxy hissed. "No where to hide."

(A/N: TW: Injury and blood ahead.)

Gregory tapped Niki sharply, motioning over the table, as if to tell her to slide over it. She gave a brief nod, and just before the animatronics got close enough, he yelled, "Now!"
He jumped backwards onto the table, sliding over it with Niki right behind. But she wasn't quick enough. The animatronics lunged, Freddy knocking into the table to send her practically flying off it and sliding against the mini wall. Roxy growled, trying to block her escape from the front as Foxy came in from the side. Niki scrambled to get up, crawling part way, but it wasn't fast enough.

A sudden, horrid, piercing pain shot up her leg, causing her to scream out, tears pricking her eyes. When she looked back, she saw Foxy over her, hook dug into her calf and blood slowly oozing from the wound. She cried out, expecting the end. What a horrible way to die, she thought.

But luckily, it didn't go like that, because there was the sound of something being fired, and a beam of bright light hit Foxy straight in the eyes. He squeezed his eyes shut, giving a sharp hiss of pain and recoiling with his ears down, retrieving his hook, making Niki cry out again in pain. But she was free, and with Gregory's help to pull her up, she scrambled to her unsteady feet, while Gregory shot the other bots as well.

(A/N: Main TW is over, however Niki will basically have this wound for the rest of the story and I'll be writing here and there about it, nothing horrible of course, just minor descriptions. I'll let you know when. :])

Gregory practically had to drag Niki to the metal door leading to Monty Golf, and they quickly hid behind some of the cardboard cutouts, in case any of the bots came looking for them there. Niki collapsed against the wall, panting and cringing in pain.
Gregory lifted her leggings up to her knees to get a better look at the wound, gritting his teeth.

"That's going to need some first aid stuff on it. It's not the worse, but it's bad enough. There should be a first aid station in the utility tunnels by Kids' Cove. Can you walk?"
Niki gave a determined nod, and Gregory steadied her while she hobbled to her feet.
"We still have to find Vanessa. Gosh I hope the bots didn't find her first."

The two made their way through Kids' Cove and to the tunnels, finding the first aid station nearby. Gregory opened the curtain, helping Niki down on the bench and retrieving the box from the hook.
(TW: Wound care)
He took a small bottle of some disinfectant spray, and glanced up at Niki with a grin.
"What's your favourite colour?" He asked spontaneously, and Niki raised a brow, remembering her practically all pink wardrobe.
"Pink. All sha-" Her words turned to a pained hiss, gritting her teeth as Gregory sprayed the disinfectant on her wound. The stinging only lasted a few moments though, and she relaxed slightly.
Gregory then took out the roll of fabric bandage, wrapping it around the wound and securing it with some medial tape.
(TW over)