Chapter Four

Freeing The Prisoners

Niki had practically insisted that she could help out despite her injury, so after a bit of convincing the others, she had gone up to the atrium to try and lure one of the other bots.
She peaked around from behind a bulk head, eyes searching the atrium for one specific animatronic. She couldn't see him anywhere, but instead spotted Chica, walking in a lackadaisical manner around the party tables.
Niki slowly hobbled over, trying to keep the weight off her injured leg to avoid over working it before she needed to.

She ducked behind the wall, glancing back to the stage. It wasn't too far away, so she turned back, standing straight.
"Hey, Chica!" She called, causing the chicken to turn around sharply, her eyes locking onto Niki. She gave an angry squawk, beginning to run towards Niki. She wasn't too fast, but still fast enough. When she was closer, Niki took off for the stage, running as best she could on her injured leg. Chica pursued her, and Niki ran far enough onto the stage to draw Chica onto it as well. When the chicken was far enough to the back, Niki scrambled forward to the button, slamming her hand down on it. The lift rumbled to life, causing Chica to pause and look up as it began its decent.

Then the chicken looked back to Niki with a murderous gaze, darting forward with her arms outstretched. Niki dodged behind the button stand, causing Chica to nearly face plant into it. The lift reached the bottom at that point, and Niki jumped up, booking it for the door with Chica chasing behind her. The metal door slid open and she ran through, making sure Chica was still close enough behind to keep chasing. She ran through the first set of doors to Parts and Service, and then the second, immediately noticing Monty standing by the door.

When Niki was through, he raised his arm, a mere moment before Chica ran through the doors. She ran full speed and face first into Monty's outstretched arm, giving a confused and dazed squawk as she stumbled backwards, landing with a clang. Monty quickly pinned her to the ground, while Vanessa swiftly got to work. She removed the port cover and then cut the wires of the chip inside, causing Chica to fall limp. Monty got up as Vanessa placed the port cover back on, and they all watched Chica carefully.

The chicken slowly stirred, at first going into a half plank position before straightening on her knees. She looked a bit dazed and confused, and she seemed surprised by her ability to move, just as Monty had been.
"Did you just...?" She trailed off, and Vanessa nodded.
"We took out the chip that's been hacking into you. You're back to your old self again."
Chica nodded slowly, glancing to Niki. "Oh, I'm so sorry Niki! I'm so glad I never caught you! I didn't want to hurt you but I couldn't stop it..." She trailed off, and Niki patted her shoulder comfortingly.

"It's alright, Chica. I'm just glad you're yourself again." She smiled, and noticed the chicken relaxed slightly.
"Now we've got to get the others. Gregory, you're up."
He nodded, immediately going for the service elevators to go find another bot.

❀❀❀

Gregory ran through the winding hall and out the door to the atrium, immediately looking for any other bots. The memories of dodging them as a child had come back full force, and he had to keep reminding himself that they were on a mission to free the bots.
Heavy footsteps came from above him, and Gregory figured one of the bots was up there. He slowly made his way up the still escalator, gaze scanning the second floor balcony. There was no one there apart from the few sparse security bots, so he went over to the next set of escalators, to the third floor balcony.

At the far end of the floor, by the sound booth, he spotted Freddy. He brightened slightly at the prospect of saving his closest friend. After the times Freddy had rescued him as a child, it was time to return the favour and break him free of this horrible hack.
"Freddy!" He called out, waving his hands in the air. The bear turned at the call, eyes narrowing as he began to run towards Gregory. For a moment, Gregory remembered the times he'd call for Freddy, and see the bear running over with a cheerful expression.