Chapter Seven

Returning To Normal

"There we go. You're good to go, Roxy."

The technicians stepped back, the cylinder door opening to allow the wolf to step out.
The bots had all gone through various repairs and cleaning to fix them up after their ordeal, and now they were all back in prime state, with shiny plating.

"Thank you," Roxy said to the technicians. "Now I can go back to being the star of the show!"
Monty and Freddy were there too, the former rolling his red eyes at her words. Niki was there too, smiling.
"You always were." She remarked with a smirk, causing Roxy's tail to give a joyful wag.
"Sorry about the damage." Foxy added from where he was leaned back against the wall, arms crossed. Roxy shrugged. "Don't worry about it. It wasn't that bad."
Niki glanced at her watch. "You all should be getting to your rooms. Guests are gonna start arriving soon."

It was Monday now, two days after the incident. The Plex had closed for Sunday, but now with the bots all fixed up, it was to open again that day.
At Niki's announcement, the three band members headed for their respective service elevators, while Niki joined Foxy to go for the utility tunnels which would take them to Kids' Cove.

Niki had been to the hospital for her wounds, and she looked much better now. She still walked with a bit of a limp, which made Foxy cringe inwardly. Niki must've noticed because she slowed down, gazing at him.
"It's not that bad, you know," she said. "And the doctors said it's gonna heal just fine."
Foxy remained silent, pushing away the guilt that kept clawing at him.

Niki took a few steps forward to face in front of him, causing him to stop short, looking down at her.
"Foxy. It's gonna be okay. I promise. Alright?"
She gave him an expecting expression, and he finally gave a nod.
"Alright, lass, if you insist."

She nodded with a smile. "I do. So stop worrying about it. No one ever got any treasure by dwelling in the doldrums, did they?"
Her words lifted his spirits, and he realized she was right.
"Aye, you be right, Niki," he said with more enthusiasm. "Let's raise the sails and get the party started!"

Niki giggled as the two started walking again.
"That's the spirit." she said with a grin as they finally made their way into Kids' Cove.

❀❀❀

The rest of the day was actually fun. Kids poured into the cove, all having a great time going down the slide and climbing on the structures. It gave Niki a sense of nostalgia, remembering how she herself did those same things when she was young. And for once since the incident two days ago, Foxy seemed to be having a good time. Interacting with the kids seemed to lift his spirits, and Niki wasn't sure she'd seen him that happy in a while.

It gave her a sense of warmth, and Niki realized then that everything was good again. The bots wouldn't be taken over again now that those chips had been removed, and William Afton had gone away to who knew where- Hopefully not anywhere where he could hurt the kids.

By the time 7PM rolled around, Niki was ready to go home at last. It had been a crazy three days, and reminded her of all those years ago when she first met Foxy. It was tough making the decision to go, but finally  when there were very few kids coming in anymore, Niki got up and approached the fox, who was waving good-bye to a few children heading out.

He turned to her when she got close, and she spoke.
"I guess this is when I should head out," she began. "I should get some rest before I have to get back to work..."
She noticed Foxy's ears droop at her words. "Leavin' so soon, lassie?" He asked. "Ye been gone a whole year, surely ye can stay longer?"

Niki thought about it, but remembered that she had work on Wednesday. She wanted to get two nights of good rest and some down time at home before she had to work her shift at the cinema.
She shook her head sadly. "I wish I could stay, I really do. But I can't."

Foxy's tail drooped as well at this, but he gave a nod of understanding.
"Well then ye better visit sooner than a year from now!" He said, making Niki giggle.
"I promise. I'll come by every weekend and stay both days. Sound good?"

Foxy's tail wagged at this and he gave a cheerful nod, ears flopping with the movement. "Aye! That would be wonderful!"

Niki smiled. "Then you've got yourself a deal." She said. With that, she waved as she headed out, making for the elevators of the atrium and then out to the lobby. Her car was still outside where she had parked it three days ago, and she smirked at the thought. Little had she known what was going to happen that day.

She got in her car and began the drive back to her house. When she got there, she made straight for the box of memories.
She took out a picture that made her smile. One of little 10yr old her with the entire group of animatronics. The four band members stood behind her, while she and Foxy kneeled together at the front. She smiled down at her grinning young self, then placed the picture gently against the lamp on her night stand.

And she saw that picture every day from then on. And every weekend, she visited the Plex and stayed one night, just as she had promised.
She had a single hope, that nothing bad would ever come to her or her friends again, and that the happiest memories would continue.

The End

Heheh I finished! Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this little series! I really enjoyed writing it!

Feel free to give me ideas of other things I can write!

Have a wonderful day! Peace out for now!