Chapter Six

Free At Last

Vanessa and Monty wasted no time, now.

They ran down the dirty, dirt packed chamber, until they found something. Another broken and Mangled fence, leading to an elevator. When Vanessa got closer, she saw that one of the two arrow buttons pointing up and down were flashing; the up button.
"That's weird. Do you think Gregory and Niki came down here and saw something that spooked them?"

She turned to Monty, who had stopped some distance away, looking around at the dark and grimy walls. "Monty?" The alligator didn't respond, a sort of lost look in his eyes. Vanessa was about to call to him again, when the elevator suddenly chimed, making her look back as the doors began to open. She expected to see Niki and Gregory inside, but what she saw instead made her heart drop in fear.

Because in the elevator were Roxy and Foxy.

The two animatronics spotted her immediately, snarling as they raced out of the elevator. Vanessa barely had time to yell, "Mont-!" Before a powerful force sent her crashing to the ground, and a firm grip wrapped around her wrist. She looked up to see Foxy pinning her with an evil snarl, yanking her up sharply. Vanessa glanced back to see Monty and Roxy in a face off, but she didn't have time to see if Monty overpowered her.
Foxy held his hook to Vanessa's neck, glaring at her with sinister purple eyes.
"Ye be walkin' the plank today, lassie." He growled, before yanking her with him into the elevator.

He tapped the button and the elevator doors closed, blocking Vanessa from seeing Monty again, as the elevator rumbled to life again, this time the arrow pointing down was flashing.
Vanessa tried to wriggle from the fox's grip, but he only tightened his claws around her wrist, making her eyes water from the pain. She gritted her teeth in effort, kicking her leg up and trying to kick the fox's jaw, but he dodged it and lunged forward, sending Vanessa hard into the wall.

He held his hook to her neck again. "Don't. Struggle." He hissed, tone so venomous that Vanessa stared at him in shock. Then the fox let go of her wrist, lifted his paw, and then everything went black.

❀❀❀

(A/N: TW: Mild descriptions of injuries from beind hit. I won't go in detail dw)

Niki looked up, slightly dazed and dizzy as footsteps sounded nearby. She blinked a few times, determined to see what it was, and she made out the form of Foxy letting another limp figure down on the ground in an unceremonious heap.
"I think she was comin' down 'ere," Foxy said to William, who had wandered over. "We caught her at the top of the elevator. Montgomery was there too, but Roxanne took care of him."
William nodded slowly, giving a raspy chuckle. "That was easier than I thought it would be..." He muttered hauntingly.

He turned back to Niki and Gregory, who was on the ground nearby, outcold. "Now that I have everyone I was looking for," he began in his deep, rough voice. "I can do what I have been meaning to do for so long." He walked between Niki and Gregory, looking down at the latter.
"We'll start with the boy. He thought he was so lucky, escaping me all those times as a child. Oh how unfortunate..." He gripped Gregory's shoulders, the 19 year old groggily blinking and muttering something incoherent.

"No..." Niki breathed in exhausten. "Please don't do this...!" She urged, causing the rotten rabbit to look down at her. "If you insist on killing anyone..." She gasped. "Take me instead. Gregory is innocent, he never did anything!"
William gripped Gregory's arm with a tight metal hand, the boy barely managing to stand.
"I don't care if he's innocent or not," William said. "I never have."
He turned away, dragging Gregory over in front of Foxy and Vanessa, who had started to wake up, looking dazed and confused.