Chapter 9: Cody

I walked back into the forest hoping to see Cody. I easily found myself next to the "wonder tree". "Hey there human!" "Ahhh!" I shouted. "Hey. Sorry didn't mean to scare ya. How's it goin? I heard you're going to school now." Whew. Who knew ghosts could talk so much? "It's going good. I made a new friend." I feel like a kindergarten kid after a first day in school. "Well that's nice. So, I have a feelin' you're here to ask me something?" Dang he was good. "Yeah actually. I was wondering what this girl was talking about when she said something about a queen? She tried to cover her words up with a fake conversation but it didn't work very well." I ask curiously. "Hey dude, she might be like one of those kids who are like in a cult or something." He said. "Yeah maybe."

"Hey dude, wanna see my house?" He asked. Normally if this was someone else then I decline but this was my first friend since moving here so I accepted. "Sure." We started walking in a direction that I don't know, you know, being a city kid and all. We get to a makeshift tent. "Tadaaa! This is my house!" Cody said enthusiastically. "Well this is something." I reply. "Isn't it great? It has everything a ghost would need. A bed, books, a tv. Everything a ghost would need is in here!" He boasts. To me it looks like a old thin blanket  thrown over two boulders with a stick in the middle with a mixture of blankets, pillows, leaves  and sticks thrown into the shape of a bed. "Uh yeah it's um.... good. I would totally live here." "Well don't worry, we can hang out sometime and you can stay." I have gotten better at having a poker face so I just smiled and nodded.

"Well the sun is setting so I wouldn't want to make you walk in the dark. Especially with all the Sirens. You might be lured into the lake." He said as-a-matter-of-factly. "Wait, did you just say sirens?!" "Uh yeah. Haven't you heard of the legend of the sirens here in this town?" "Uh no. Are you serious? I mean you are a ghost so I guess it must be true?" "Well to be honest I never actually seen one, but I have heard of them!" This town keeps getting creepier and creepier.

Authors note: a siren is a creature who lures its prey into the water with a beautiful song

Why does this always happen to me? Like one minute  I'm having a conversation when this "siren talk" is going on. I am truly cursed.

I walk back into the direction I came and stopped  at the "wonder tree" and looked to see and take in my surroundings. I head back to the house.

Hey guys this was just a filler thingie. I might be writing another story along with this one but idk. I hoped you like it and don't forget to vote, comment and obviously like :) !!!!!!