Chapter 12: The truth

Ashley gasped. "How-how did you know?" "Wait, so it is true?" I questioned with uncertainty in my voice. "Yes, yes I'm a siren." I couldn't believe my ears. She just admitted that she's a siren. A siren! Man who knew a city kid could be so smart?

We silence as we just watch the ripples in the water. "How long have you known?" She mentioned, barely above a whisper. "Well I had my suspicions but when I almost died from one the other day it finally dawned on me. I didn't know that you were one or is the only one, but I did have an idea that they exist. You just confirmed my suspicions." I responded, also barley about a whisper. "You knew all this time and never mentioned it to anyone?" Her voice sounding high pitched and sounding like it's about to start crying again. She looked at me with her crystal eyes. I just nodded. A lost for words.

I had never been known to have a lost for words. I've always had words, but right now, right now I feel like my vocals cords have been taken away from me.

We sat at the dock, just watching the lake and the night sky. My thoughts in a swirl. I finally broke the silence by asking a question that has been itching to have an answer. "Ashley, were- were- were you the one that drew me into the lake?" I asked with sadness in my voice, which for some reason I have even though I am feeling not a bit of sad right now. "I- uh, it's complicated." "So you were?" "Well no, but I was uh kind of there when it happened." "WHAT?!" My voice breaking through the lake. "You were there when I almost got killed?! You didn't even try to save me?" "No, no, that's not what I meant. I was- was...." "Was what?" I snapped. "I thought we were friends and yet here we are. Trying to kill each other, no, forget that, you trying to kill me?!" I backed away. I can't believe this. One girl that I actually like, one girl that finally doesn't see me as a ghost or  some non existent being, tries to kill me?

I started towards my house. I could hear her shouts. I blocked them out. I just need to take a shower. Yeah a shower. A nice warm, relaxing shower.

As soon as I step into the house I make a mad, but quiet dash into my bathroom. I get in and try to wash away everything. All the questions and thoughts. My thoughts of my mom and what I could've done to keep her alive and still here. My thoughts on my dad. My thoughts on Ashley. All of my thoughts I want to rinse them down the drain and just stand back. Away from reality, just maybe I could be a normal kid with a normal like. Living in a normal town with both parents and normal friends, but alas, life never works that way, and never will with my luck.

I hop out of the shower and instead of lying down and going to sleep and let the darkness consume me, I get on my phone and prepare myself for hours upon hours of research about sirens.

Wish me luck......

Hey guys 👋 This chapter has it all exposed! I made it longer so that you don't get bored. Like I said earlier I will write chapters based on how many votes each chapter gets. But, as always I hope you like it and don't forget to vote, comment and obviously like :)