Chapter 15

Sonic's POV:

I make Egghead follow me to the bridge so I keep him distracted enough so Knuckles and Tails can get the master emerald.

Running as fast I could as I dodge all sorts of bullets and explosions. "Come on is that the best you can do?!"

"Why won't you just except your fate and die you blue vermin!!" Robotnik screeched

"Because I have people in my life that I need to protect!! And I'm not giving up so easily!!" I say as smirk and dodge more attacks

Suddenly I hear Robotnik grunt in pain and watch as the master emerald fly out of the robot down below the bridge.

"The master emerald!!" I gasp and before I could run down to get it the bridge started to collapse due the robot falling down.

I felt myself fall then hitting the ground and pain shot through Me. Debris falling around me and some hitting me injuring me more.

I groan and wince in pain. Then I see the emerald up ahead and with what energy I had left I start to crawl towards.

'Come on Sonic...just keep going...People will die if you don't keep moving...Y/n will die without a piece help functioning their body...You have to keep moving!!!' I tell myself

I can't let innocents die. And I can't let Y/n die either. Despite not knowing them for long they're like an older sibling to me and I can't lose someone important like that ever again!!

Robotnik started to push upwards and started to move slowly towards Sonic and the emerald as well. Sonic got to the emerald but had no more energy left to move and he widens his eyes as the robot foot was coming towards him.

Back to you;)

"Jeez Tom!! I know we have to get to Sonic but please try to get us there and not kill us all!!" Maddie screamed as she held tightly onto the truck and me

"Sorry Maddie!! But if we plan to get to Sonic we have to be fast before Mr. Pringles kills him!!" Tom sassed back at his wife

I rolled my eyes and the look up and spot the giant robot. I get up and balance myself to look for Sonic. Once I see him I widen my eyes.

"Tom! Maddie! He's over there!!" I shout. They immediately stop bickering and Tom turns sharply towards the direction I pointed to, I immediately had sit back down before I fell off.

I see Robotnik get closer and closer to Sonic. But Tom drove even faster. Maddie Hung onto my shirt as I lean forward getting ready to grab Sonic. Despite the tiredness and lack of body function I still managed to grab him just in time before Robotnik could squish him into a pancake.

"We got you Sonic." Maddie said as she hugs him

"You're safe now." I tell him and I pat him gently on the back

"What are you guys doing here? You could get hurt?" Sonic said tiredly

"We're the Wakowskis. We never leave a family member behind." Tom stated with a smile

Sonic smiled but just then Robotnik fired a missile towards us and the truck flipped over. I hug Sonic closer to provide some sort of protection for him. Once the movement stopped I let him go and we all climbed out of the truck and get behind it. That crash took a toll on me even more as I coughed blood from my mouth.

"Squirt! Are you ok?!" Tom asked worriedly

I didn't even have the energy to nod anymore and my vision was getting blurrier by the minute. My ears were ringing painfully as more blood spilled from my mouth.