The Gears of Chaos Shift Once More

Slap!

"Have you gone insane, Caleb!?"

Caleb looked back at Marie, his blue eyes resolute as he replied, "I have to do this. You know I have to."

Marie bit her lip and said, "I know. But you don't have to do it this way!"

Explorers were, in essence, seekers of truth. It was their obligation, their vow, to tell their findings to the world.

He shook his head, denying, "This is the fastest way to do it. We don't know for sure if there is any other chance to meet the Great Nine in person."

If he were too late to warn them, then who knows what the demoness on the throne would do.

Marie then tried to reason with him, "But what about the Blade? Isn't he tied to the imperial family?"

He once again denied, "No. If he were to hear about it, then it's more likely he'll chase the demoness all by himself."

He then added, "Besides, I'm not going to go alone. I'll be accompanied by the best sailors in the sea."

"Best sailors or not, the Sealed Monster Sea is still dangerous! Please, Caleb, don't go. I don't want to lose you too," pleaded the woman.

"I..." Caleb hesitated.

He then shook his head and spoke, "I promise you, Marie. I will come back. Believe in me."

Marie looked down, not replying to him. Her hands tightened into fists. After about a minute, she answered, "I'm pregnant."

The only thing he could say to that was, "Huh?"

"You're gonna be a father," she smiled, though it was forced, "We'll wait for you. My child needs their father, too."

She then hugged him and sobbed into his chest. Caleb was still frozen from the bomb that was just dropped.

After a few seconds, he wrapped his arms around her and whispered, "I'll return. I swear."

...

Rimuru flicked the insect off his hand along with its insides.

Rimuru figured normal swordsmanship would be of no help in protecting his student, so he opted another way.

"It seems I've to pay a little attention this time," he said as he wielded his bokken and went into an unsheathing position.

"Compound martial arts..."

Jack struggled to open his eyes to witness what was about to come, while the elves looked over at the stranger with uncertainty.

"Tempest!"

He saw his teacher bounce forward with incredible speed. He couldn't keep an eye on the movements, but heard much less buzzing in just one second. It was then he was able to hear again. He closed his eyes, for he didn't need them to see. He heard every attack. It was beautiful. It was music to his ears. Like a lullaby, the tempestuous melody lulled him to sleep.

'Compound Martial Arts: Tempest' was Rimuru's martial magnum opus. It derived from all the martial arts he had seen, and involved every one of them into a chaotic symphony of attacks. It took Rimuru more than an entire eon to finish.

What was shown just now was not even a billionth of what it was actually capable of. He did it within average human limits, granted any other person would've had their limbs ripped off after attempting this.

"...the tempest shall approach," repeated Urdan. He was slack jawed. The swordswoman took down the rest of the wasps with little to no effort. He turned to look at his teammates who were also stunned still.