Rabianigh Part 1

The first one Jack saw walk into the room was a blond haired boy around his age, his red eyes foretold things similar to the rabbits he saw. His grin that he flashed when they looked at each other added a feeling of ferocity that clashed with his young form. They looked at each other in the eye and instantly thought the same thing: "I want to fight him."

Jack didn't know what made him come to that conclusion, but he knew he needed to test himself against him. The other boy looked like he thought similarly, what with his grin widening.

The next one to come was a middle-aged man with a horizontal slash mark on the middle of his face. His wild red hair was tied to a high ponytail. The most similar thing he could compare this man's eyes to was his teacher's own eyes when she was teaching him swordsmanship. He shuddered.

The both of their clothing contrasted. The older had simpler clothing similar to his teacher, while the younger's was more extravagant.

"Blade, old friend, how have you been?" asked the old wizard.

To which he answered with a simple, "Same old, same old."

The old man then turned his head towards the boy and nodded as he said, "Your highness."

The boy just grunted, though still grinning. The old man then invited them to sit. The two sat down on the couch opposite to theirs.

"So, what is it that you need, Rio?" inquired the Blade.

"I'm getting to that," was his answer.

Both parties then looked and stared at each other for a short while until they were interrupted by the old man, "Well, now that we're all here, I'll just lay it out to you: I want your students to enroll in the Arcanus Academy."

Silence.

Absolute silence was prevalent for a few seconds.

In a complete twist of turns for both boys, their teachers both said, "We accept."

"But teach-"

"But mast-"

Both were then silenced by their own teachers.

The old man suddenly said, "Now now, kids. Why don't you go play downstairs while the adults talk to each other?"

The both looked to their own teachers, who actually urged them to do as the geezer said. They then eyed at each other. Both of them knew what they'd do downstairs. As they walked out of the room, Mario's demeanor suddenly became much more serious and he snapped his fingers.

All possible exits and spots for eavesdropping were suddenly covered with magic barriers to prevent anything, even sound, from escaping.

"Now, that's out of the way… Thank you for accepting my plea," the archmage thanked.

"Are you sure we could trust this woman, Mario?" asked the Blade.

He nodded, "I trust her with all that I am."

The Blade then nodded and stayed silent.

"Let's cut it short: the demon lord's forces have infiltrated this city. They have begun to suspect that this is our resistance's base of operations," the old man informed them.

The Demons' Resistance was created by a group of demons who have defected from the Demon Lord's Forces. They were a group who sought for peace between the humans and demons and consisted of those who believed in these beliefs. Mario Magna the Archon of Magic and the Blade of the Great Nine were both key members of the resistance with both having demon blood in them.

The Blade was a half-breed from a misfortunate encounter between a human and a demon. This knowledge was kept secret from the world except for the Great Nine and the upper echelons of the Remnant Council. It was why he had the worst reputation among the Nine. Even if they couldn't tell what he was, they could tell many false rumors about him. It was also the reason why he was tied to the Imperial Family. It was so that they could keep him in check in case he decided to switch sides.