Sweet Dream Kanato x Reader

I do not own Diabolik Lovers or the characters. They belong to the Rejet company. This is purely fanmade.

................

It was a normal night when I woke up, nothing seemed out of place. I went to school, like normal, and watched Kanato, like normal. He was one of the Sakamaki brothers, and in my opinion, the cutest one. How he would smile at everyone, the way he acted with his teddy bear, and especially how he was during one of his breakdowns. He was perfect in every way.

I was thinking of a way to wish him a happy birthday, since it seemed no one else really cared his birthday was in just a few days. I knew he liked sweets, so maybe I could bake him something? That would be easy, since my family runs a bakery. Yeah, that's what I'll do. But it'll have to be something small or else I'll get in trouble. I giggled at the thought, already sketching what it would look like in my history notebook.

..........

I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. I just finished, and it was almost time for school. I quickly packed them up then went to get ready. I had to get there early if I wanted to see him before classes started.

I headed out the door and began walking...er, well, more like running to school. I got there in less than five minutes, which I was proud of, but I instantly faltered when I saw Kanato talking with his brothers. Oh, he looks so handsome! Wait, no! I have to focus!

I waited until the other five left before walking over to him. "U-Um...Kanato-kun?" I asked softly, my confidence quickly flat lining.

He looked at me with his usual sadistic smile and I nearly swooned. "Yes? Who are you? A friend of Teddy's?" He asked, looking down at his bear. So his name was Teddy? Cute!

"U-Um...well..." I began shifting from foot to foot, my anxiety taking over. I wanted so badly to run away, but before I did, I shoved the box toward him. I ran to my class and laid my head down on my desk, panting. I did it! I was a stuttering mess, sure, but I still gave it to him! Oh, I'm so proud of myself! I spent the rest of morning classes giggling and zoning out.

When lunch rolled around, I was starving. I hadn't had anything to eat since I was up all day making Kanato's present, so I was ready to eat! I was about to make my way down to the cafeteria when a hand stopped me. I turned around to see Kanato staring at me with a rather happy expression.

"Thank you for the cupcakes." He said, his smile growing.

"O-Oh, it was n-nothing much. I-I just wa-wanted t-to wi-wish you a h-happy birthday." I stammered. I felt my face heat up and I looked down at where mine and Kanato's hands were intertwined.

His smile became more sadistic as his eyes clouded with hunger. "You wouldn't mind if I took a bite, would you?"

I nodded, unable to trust my voice. His smile seemed to grow as he pulled me into the closest classroom. It was empty with a few seats knocked over. Whoever they belonged to must have been in a rush.

Kanato pinned me against the door, his face coming closer to mine. Soon, I felt his soft, warm lips pressing against mine. It was a dream come true! But the dream was short lived when he pulled away and began kissing my neck. He licked my neck, causing a moan to escape my lips. Before I could ask what he was doing, I felt what felt like fangs pierce my soft flesh.

All I could hear was my gasps of pain and the sound of my blood being swallowed by the one I admired most. It lasted for what felt like hours until he pulled away, licking his lips as blood trailed from his bottom lip.

"You're really sweet, you know that?" He asked, whispering in my ear. "I think I'll make you mine. How does that sound?"

I couldn't answer. I lost too much blood and was falling into a dark, dreamless sleep that I didn't know if I would wake up from. The only thing I remember thinking was that I didn't want to wake up from this sweet dream.