Spilling Over Into A New Chapter

I was walking in a void of black, desolate of any sound or color. I just wondered around, eyes focused on whatever might be in front of me. There was no obvious answer, but that was fine. It was there, the object that would decide my fate. I knew I was dying, or more than likely dead, so what was there for me to lose? Exactly, nothing. So go forward, or what I think is forward, until I run into something.
With each step, I began hearing something. It was the sound of my footsteps, each heavy and short as my feet hit the ground. It soon became so loud that I had to cover my ears. I would never wish for sound again if it ends up as loud and obnoxious as this. I had closed my eyes to stop straining them against the endless abyss, not having a reasonable point to keep them open. With ears covered and eyes closed, I only continued forward.
A few creeping minutes later, I ran face first into something hard. I opened my eyes, wondering what I had finally run in to. It was the first splash of color I've seen in awhile so I had to squint as I looked at the milk chocolate door with a shiny brass door handle. I grabbed hold of the handle, twisting it and stepping inside. I was swarmed with a bright white light, making my eyes close again. When I opened them, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was me, ten years old and in the park where we used to live. I remembered this day. It was the day I discovered my parents lied to me about the world being a beautiful and peaceful place. I watched on as a group of similar aged kids walked up to my younger self.
I was playing in the sand box as all children did when they came to the park. I was building a sandcastle where the new dolly my mommy got me would live. I was humming to myself while daddy talked to the other mommies and daddies, piling more sand onto my masterpiece. I was about to put (Random Doll Name) in her new home when in a flash, the castle was crushed by a brown covered foot.
I looked up to see a girl no older than me with a mean smirk on her face. She was really pretty with her oak wood brown hair tied up in pigtails and her midnight black eyes turned down in a glare. There surrounding her were other girls, but I couldn't remember what they looked like. This girl was the main focus of my attention. It was the first child I had met outside of mommy and daddy's work, so I was happy.
I gave her a bright smile, intending to make a few new friends. "Hi! You...um...are stepping on (Random Doll Name)'s home. Do you mind getting off? We can remake it together!" I offered, holding my Dolly close.
The girl laughed and soon the other girls followed suit. The leader leaned down, snatching my doll from my hands. "You're making a fake house for this stupid doll?" She asked with a sneer, looking my precious toy over. "How pathetic." She decided as she placed one hand on my doll's head and the other on her legs. With one push on either side, the doll broke, the sound sickening.
I could only watch in horror as the doll dropped. The girl's laughter rang through my ears and everything went red. But I couldn't hit them, that'd get me in trouble. So I cried, wailing at the top of my lungs. My daddy rushed over along with a few of the other mommies and daddies and picking me up. "What's wrong princess?" He asked, pushing my hair to the side to look at my face.
"Th-That girl...broke the...the dolly mommy got me!" I screamed, pointing at the girls. "And...and she ruined the castle I was building for her!"
"Oh honey, I'm sure she didn't-" he started, looking disappointed but also saddened. I later found out how expensive that doll was.
"Oh no...not again." A mommy sighed, holding her head. "This isn't the first time this happened." The mommy walked over and looked down at the leader of the girls. "Yuri, what have I told you about hurting others?"
"But mommy, I didn't! I haven't touched her!" The girl I learned who's name is Yuri stated, looking proud.
"Emotions count as hurting." Her mommy explained with another sigh. "You're grounded, no park or friends for a month."
Yuri's eyes widened as tears glistened. "But mommy-!"
"No buts." Her mommy said, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from her friends. She was fighting it, screaming and crying as she tried pulling away. It didn't work though and we were all just standing there until the other mommies and daddies picked up their kids and left. Daddy picked up the broken doll and we headed home.
I walked out of the room and sighed, wiping away the tears. I hated that day. It was fun to watch Yuri get pulled away again, but that day was awful. I had gotten in trouble for breaking the doll just because my mom and dad didn't believe she did it. It was a tortuous existence for a ten year old and I hadn't even done anything wrong.
After that small episode, I continued walking. The door had disappeared after I closed it so I guess I did what this omnipotent void wanted? Oh well, not like their was much else I could do. So, as I walked, I started to hum. I wish Bunny was here, then at least I would have someone to talk to.
The silence would be the death of me, though...was I already dead? Is that why I saw something from such a long time ago? Would I be seeing something else? Like...how people say your life flashes before your eyes? But...it wasn't really flashing, but reliving. Experiencing again, and possibly I wouldn't see everything I had seen over the years. That would take too long to be a flash.
As I debated the inner workings of death, I saw another similar looking door. I took a deep breath before turning the handle and stepping inside. The same white light enveloped me, causing me to close my eyes. When I opened them again, I saw myself just a few years later, when I was thirteen and starting middle school. It was the day I met him, the love of my life. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: 'Didn't you meet Kanato in high school?' Well, no, I didn't. That's just when I confronted him.
It was the opening ceremony and I stood there on stage. I had just finished my speech as the freshman representative and the students were being dismissed to homeroom. I could only sigh as I stepped out into the crowd of students, eager to make friends and torment enemies. I did my best to avoid them, so I took the shortcut to class. I studied the building's layout so I wouldn't have to get into any unnecessary conversations or confrontations.
I had rounded the corner when I ran into him. I used the wall to keep myself standing before looking up at him, and what I saw changed my life. His light purple hair glowed in the moonlight as his violet-pink eyes shone with the insanity that had yet to fully awaken. He held a stuffed bear dressed like royalty and an eye covered in an extravagant eyepatch. His school uniform was in slight disarray, but it just made him look more stunning.
I kept staring at this beauty of a boy until he clicked his tongue in distaste. Being the social outcast that I was, and still am, I took offense and stood up straight. "Do you have a problem?" I asked, my tone more confident sounding than I felt.
"You could have gotten Teddy dirty with your absent minded running." He stated with such hatred, such detestment, that I was shocked. All that for a stuffed toy? So much for the good looks. What a waste.
"If it's so precious to you, then don't bring it to school." I snapped back, crossing my arms. "Besides, don't the school rules prohibit such toys from entering school grounds?"
That made him enraged. "Teddy is not a toy!" He screamed, grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling him forward. "He is more important than trash like you!" His hold tightened, making me flinch as his pale fingers brushed against a series of bruises that my tutor had given me. A violent way of teaching that my parents didn't know of and wouldn't believe even if I told them. I mean, who would believe the middle schooler over the professional teacher?
His eyes lightened just a bit as he let go. He looked at where the bruises were and he looked almost...guilty. I could only stare with confusion as I fixed my shirt and jacket. "What? Big and bad toy lover can't handle a few bruises?" I asked with a slight smirk.
The boy rummaged through his school bag before taking out a jar of what seemed like ointment. He put Teddy under one arm and took the lid off. He didn't give me much time to react before he pulled my shirt aside to reveal the brusies and apply the cold paste feeling substance to my battered skin. "Women shouldn't be treated so harshly, I've been told." He muttered as he put the jar away and held Teddy in both arms once more.
I could only stand there in shock. Did he...help me? No...a boy like that couldn't help people...but... "Kanato, hurry up!" A loud voice called from behind the boy. "Reiji will murder us if we're late for the first class."
The boy turned around and walked toward the voice that called him over. I leaned against the wall as my heart pounded in my chest and my cheeks flushed. I later learned through intense research (stalking) that he didn't do that with anyone else. He was psychotic, crazed, and loveable. I fell for that maniac and would have followed him anywhere.
As I left the memory, I was hesitant to close the door. I didn't want to let that memory end there, it was too precious. It was the first time I knew what love was, aside from those who were family. But, all good things must come to an end, so I let it close behind me. If this really was death, I would never see the undying boy again. Once the door disappeared, I curled together into a ball.
I didn't want to die, didn't want this to end. I had finally gotten close to Kanato. We had become so close to lovers. To be together until my life ended. But...it ended too soon. And it seemed like my obedience to him had been my downfall. I messed up with how I approached him, how I approached what I did after that.
I just continued to sit there, unmoving and silent. I allowed the darkness to seep and grow without any disturbance as I felt my heart stop. Had I been alive until this point? I didn't care, I had wasted my chance and this is what I deserved. I reached up to my neck and felt the punctures where he had last bit me. I would miss that rush...
I began to feel stiff and cold, like I really was dead. It felt different than what I imagined. I felt like Kanato, and I liked it. Like we were closer than we ever were before. I leaned back and closed my eyes as my breath stopped. This was the end...and I could only feel regret and utter joy mix together. My consciousness was fading quick, and before I knew it, I was almost out. Almost out, almost gone...until I coughed up blood.
Well...more like swallowed? It seemed to run over my lips and out of my mouth before something pushed it back in. The warm, metallic tasting liquid slid down my throat and into my stomach. I felt hot all over, like I was being boiled alive. It was uncomfortable and I squirmed quite a bit, trying to ease the pain just a bit. It soon felt like I was being stabbed with several blades at once and I screamed. This was different from Kanato's bites and I couldn't bear it. This lasted for an unbearably long time, then I opened my eyes.
I saw the bright light of the room before anything else. I looked around and saw I was in Kanato's room...in his bed. I tried to sit up, but the moment I moved, I felt a stinging pain in my throat. An unsatisfied thirst I had never felt before. I let out an inaudible sound and there was movement on the side of the bed.
Kanato sat up, his already tired eyes looking like they had been through hell and back. Though, they did brighten when he saw me and my eyes open. He adjusted himself as he moved to sit on the bed and sat me up, brushing my hair aside. I could only gasp out in pain as my hands reached my throat, and he seemed to understand what I didn't. He rolled up a sleeve of his shirt and offered his wrist, but I still didn't understand. Why was he offering me his wrist?
Noticing my confusion, he reached for a knife and made a small cut along his pale skin. As the blood beaded and spilled over onto the comforter, I understood. I leaned over and sank my teeth, my fangs, into his smooth skin and drank. His blood ran down my throat, easing the pain and the thirst that had consumed me. I drank mouthful after mouthful before Kanato eased me away, wiping the corners of my mouth.
After a few moments of silence, I finallly spoke up with some restraint. "What...happened...?" I asked, looking at him with fear and confusion.
"You died." Was all he said before hugging me close. I noticed Teddy wasn't by him like he usually was, so when I looked around the room, I saw him on the floor next to bunny. "Teddy suggested I turn you to bring you back."
"But why turn a doll?" I asked, hugging him back. We were both cold, icy to the touch, but it felt warm. It felt nice.
"It was because you are my doll." He said, pulling away and looking at me with a new emotion; one I had never seen grace his appearance before. It was of love and affection and if I still had a heartbeat, it would have fluttered. "And now, you'll stay with me for an eternity."
"Yeah." Was all I could say as I looked at him with all the admiration and affection I felt toward the boy in front of me. Kanato cupped my face and brought his lips closer until they covered mine. It was a bloody kiss, but it was sweet all the same. A sweet dream that would never end.

A/N: And that's the end! I hope it was good for everyone cause I'm not too sure about it. Let me know? Now I'll finally start turning Ayato's one shot into a full on story for those who have been dying for me to start on it.