Keeping Unwanted Distance

When Kanato came over after school, he seemed to have mixed feelings. He took my blood and we hung out for the few hours, but he didn't have his usual happy demeanor. He seemed...conflicted. And whenever I tried to cheer him up, he got upset and retreated into Teddy.
It had finally dawned on me when he left that he could smell the blood of the bitch on me. I groaned in disgust as I went to shower and burn the clothes I tried to wash. I could only hope that he didn't actually start avoiding me because he got the wrong idea. It would be awful if he thought I killed her out of cold blood! I mean, it was self defense to protect my future life with my beloved Kanato!
The incident had completely left my mind as I had fallen asleep that night and the next night I was eager to get going to see my sweetheart. I hurriedly got ready, eating breakfast as I did a multitude of other things before heading out the door. I skipped my way to school, humming a cheery song that reminded me of Kanato. As I came closer to the school, I noticed there was police tape at the school gate. I stopped my skipping, my mood now officially ruined. I walked over to one of my classmates and tapped him on the shoulder. "What's going on?" I asked, trying not to look like I was annoyed with this interference.
"Apparently Emma was murdered. They found her body on the stairs where they forgot to add cameras." He said, his face mortified. "I can't imagine who would do such a thing."
I looked just as mortified but on the inside I was cursing myself out. How had I forgotten to dispose of the body? That was, like, majorly crucial! "That's awful!" I feigned innocence as I forced tears to my eyes. "Who would do such an awful thing?" I asked, burying my face in my hands to hide my smile. I just couldn't help it!
"Oh, don't cry (L/N)! I'm, sure they'll catch whoever did this!" He said, wrapping me in a hug, trying to comfort me. I could only nod into his shoulder, refusing to look up before I calmed down.
"Okay everyone," a cop announced over a loudspeaker. "The school building will be closed until further notice. Please head home and be safe. We'll settle this matter as soon as possible so you can return to your normal lives."
Everyone slowly scattered, the chatter of the crowd slowly dying down. I had no choice but to follow suit, not wanting to seem too suspicious. I walked away calmly but seemingly disturbed at what I 'just learned.' I didn't mind the absence of school in my life, but I was also furious. Kanato wouldn't just randomly show up at my house just because he missed me! He was too good for that! And I didn't know where he lived, so that meant that until they opened the school back up, I wouldn't be able to see him!
I frowned as I walked back home, announcing to my parents who were still currently at home what had happened. They panicked and made sure I was comfortable before leaving for work, saying they would be home as soon as they could. I just waved goodbye before slumping back down on the couch. What was I supposed to do now?
I spent the first few hours either napping or thinking up a thing to do. Soon, though, I figured out what to do. I'd make blood-filled muffins for Kanato! I set toward the kitchen and got to work, spending the rest of the day either baking or resting from the massive blood loss. When I heard my parent's car door slam, I quickly wrapped them up and raced upstairs to store them. I had just made it back into the couch when they came in, hurrying straight over to me. That night we had all my favorites and I was treated like royalty... I didn't like it.
The days passed like that, me baking and resting while waiting for my parents to stop pampering me. I was fine the first week but soon I was getting agitated. When were they going to let me see Kanato again? A week should be enough for a slut like Emma. I became antsy and worried that he might have moved on from not seeing me. I began writing letters, poems, making drawings, doing...anything!...to try and calm myself. But my nerves just couldn't take it. Why was this happening to me? I couldn't understand. Why hadn't they let them back in? Why must they distance them? I ended up giving up earlier than usual and headed for bed, hoping it would be better by Monday.
.........
It wasn't better. It has been about a month and they still kept the gates closed. Trust me, I tried getting in. I was about to pull my hair out from the stress and mental fatigue when I got the call. School would be restarting next Monday. I literally jumped for joy as I got everything ready ahead of time. I'd bring a plate of muffins each day until they ran out. Hopefully Kanato enjoyed them!
When Monday rolled around, I was out the door earlier than ever before. I had my school bag on my back and the plate of muffins in both hands. I skipped happily to school and arrived at the same time as Kanato. "Kanato-kun~!" I called happily. He looked over, seeming to hold Teddy tightly. "How was your break? I made you some muffins in my spare time. They're your favorite~!" I said, holding the plate towards him.
"Oh... Thanks (F/N). I'll eat them at lunch." He said as he took them. But...it wasn't how he normally took them, it was more hesitant... More scared. "Oh, and Teddy and I will be busy, so we can't meet for a while during lunch and after school." He added before almost running away. I could only stare after him, confusion and pain fighting for dominence. He had run from me.
I shook my head before smiling. No, he was probably just flustered when he saw me after such a long time! Such a dishonest Kanato is cute too! I skipped to class, unaware of the distance that had started to grow between Kanato and I. It was something I learned, however, when he stopped greeting me all together. I knew now he was avoiding me and I couldn't take it. It was definitely unwanted distance and I would fix it! Now the only problem is, how?