21 - Ice Cream and New Beginnings (Epilogue)

"Ilayag ang bandila ng mga bading!" The host cheered and was met with laughter and hoots from the small crowd.

"Malaki ang pasasalamat namin sa ating newlyweds for finally giving the LGBTQIA+ community what we genuinely deserve — the Civil Union Act. But more than that, thank you for representing us and standing up for your love. Congratulations, former President Leni and former Senator Risa!"

Risa and I blew kisses to the hosts who have been thanking us since the start of the program. Katatapos lang ng formal ceremony and we were in the reception, surrounded by those dear to us. We both didn't want a grand wedding. Enough na 'yung kasama namin 'yung mga anak namin at mga pinakamalalapit na kaibigan namin.

It's weird getting married again. A lot of wedding traditions have changed at 'yung iba talagang trip trip na lang. But I enjoyed every moment of it. I'm finally married to the woman I love, what's not to enjoy?

Nagpaparty na ang lahat ngayon, dancing and bonding with each other. I looked over at Risa who sat beside me. She was swaying and singing along to the music and then laughed at our children's interaction on the dance floor. She cuddled up to me and sighed, "Ang happy."

I kissed her forehead and laid my head on hers. "Sobrang happy."

Pinagtatawanan namin si Trilly saka si Teddy sa dance floor kasi Teddy was insisting na sumayaw sila. "Diba ginagaya natin sila Risa? Oh, sumayaw sila kanina dapat tayo din."

"Nag-kiss rin sila kanina, Teddy. Gusto mo bang mag-kiss din tayo?" Trilly deadpanned.

"Oo, sa Baguio pa lang. Ikaw lang naman may ayaw."

Trilly smacked his head and replied, "Gago, 'wag ka ganyan."

"Bakit? Magagalit ka?"

"Hindi. Baka kiligin ako."

"Gago nakakakilabot pala. Alam ko namang gwapo ako, Trilly pero tigil na natin 'to."

They kept bantering like that and eventually, everyone was laughing at them. Ang kukulit talaga nitong mga 'to. We're lucky to have friends like them na talagang kakampi namin mula umpisa. I don't think Risa and I would have survived without them.

"Ga..." Risa called my attention.

"Hmm? Ano'ng kailangan ng misis ko?"

Her smile widened at that and her cheeks blushed. She hit my arm lightly. Mapanakit talaga 'to. "Oh, bakit mo ako hinahampas? Diba totoo naman na misis na kita?"

"Wala, kinilig lang ako."

"Halata naman, Ga. 'Wag ka lang sana manakit kapag kinikilig ka."

"Okay, okay. But I wanted to ask you something."

"Ano 'yun?"

"Samahan mo ako. Labas tayo."

"Seryoso ka ba?"

"Oo," she grinned, "let's go someplace else."

Instantly, I was taken back to the time we had this same conversation a little more than 6 years ago. We stepped outside the reception area and looked around. Wala naman masyadong tao dito sa labas since everyone was having fun inside.

"Sa'n tayo?" I asked.

"Ice cream!" She clasped my wrist and started running to the exit of the hotel. Palabas na kami when Kiko saw us. Nagkatinginan kaming tatlo tapos bigla siyang tumawa.

"Mamaya pa ang honeymoon niyo ha. Mga hindi makapaghintay at gustong agahan?"

I blushed at his comment and Risa chuckled, "Hindi. Gusto ko lang ng ice cream kaya bibili kami."