Chapter Thirty-Eight: Love

Love found. Love lost. They say once you fall out of love you're going to get back up, eventually and start again. I say that they're all full of shit, I've never been in love like this so how would I know how to handle a heartbreak?

How can you find love that its so great you will risk your life for it? How can you find someone you love with all of your heart after something like this? How can you move on?

You can't.

I can't and I won't.

I watched as Luke is being revived by the doctors and nurses, Calum's arms wrapped around me as I hysterically shout "no" "please save him" and "oh god" over and over again.

Everything is on slow mo like how everything happens in a cliche movie.

I stood by the end of the bed. Tears still streaming down my face, lips trembling and body weak.

The defibrillator being pressed unto his bare chest every now and then. Electric shocks trying to wake his body.

But.....nothing.

I slumped myself on the floor uncontrollably crying and screaming. Calum made it sure to keep me nuzzled unto his chest.

The whole room is in panic. I'm being hysterical.

My eyes are closed and the room is too noise for my liking.

"Clear!" I heard the doctor yell.

Nothing.

"Clear!" He exclaimed one more.

The hope and sparks in my chest is slowly dying, like I'm the one dying and needs to be electrocuted.

When everything started crumbling down my feet the monitor suddenly starting beeping calmly again.

It is what is, I jumped from my current position and stood up to my feet running towards the bed.

"That's it we got him back!" The doctor exclaimed, which caused me to grab one of Luke's hand unto my chest.

His hands were finally warm again unlike the coldness they had last night.

He groggily opened his eyes, I can't believe it.

"Luke!" I sobbed, not caring how ugly I probably look like in front of all these people.

The nurses tried to check his pulse, status and etcetera that I don't understand but I didn't care. He's alive and he's awake.

I can't control my tears from falling.

"Luke! Oh my god!" I peppered him kisses on his face, lightly enough not wanting to cause him so much pain.

One of the nurses removed the mask Luke had to help him breathe on his own, to see if he can.

He was grinning lazily and I can't believe my eyes.

Oh god, just a few minutes ago he was limp then he died then now he has a fucking smug on his face.

"Am I in heaven now? I'm looking at an angel-" His slurred words managed to escape his lips,

"Shut up!" I playfully scowl at him. "You jerk! Why'd you do that? I was so afraid-"

He weakly rested his arm on the small of my back. I sobbed quietly leaning lightly unto his rest.

"Hey..you crying?" He tilted my chin with his long fingers. His thumb automatically stroking the tears on my cheeks that have fallen.

"Asshole! I'm so afraid I thought you were going to leave and I would not know what to do..I was going crazy my mind was-"

"Shh" He chuckled lightly voice still weak and soft and only above a whisper. "I'm sorry if I scared you."

I just sobbed quietly.

"You know I will never do anything to hurt you." He mumbled.

I nodded slowly.

"Ma'am, excuse me but we have to take care of him for awhile, he needs to be stitched up in his wounds..ones that were damaged by his unexpected seizure." I heard one of the nurses say.

As much as I wanted to move and tell the nurse to shut the fuck up and shove her syringe up her ass. I didn't say a word but just complied. I gave Luke one last kiss before letting go.

*

I sat on the waiting room a few hours and waited for Luke to be treated. After I was given a go that I can come back inside his room, I obliged.

Calum just left after I assure him that Im fine and after he promised me that everything is going to be alright which I hoped he's right this time.

I entered the room and Luke was in a proper slumber. It mustve been the anesthesia or something.

I sat beside him, leaning down to press kisses. I felt relief when I noticed that there were lesser machines in the room this time.

I stared in awe towards the beautiful man who's lips partly open and soft purring snores escaping his lips.

He looked peaceful and I have so much relief in my chest right now.

I sighed. I felt the urge to need the bathroom and when I did, I felt the need to barf what I have eaten for breakfast.

Flushing down the toilet. I held unto my lower belly.

"You never cease to amaze me with your timing." I chuckled to myself in disbelief.

I sat back on my chair after cleaning myself up.

I looked at the clock and it was 5 in the afternoon and I can feel tiredness sinking under my bones, I haven't got any proper sleep.

I finally began to doze off just when I heard a familiar sound of heels behind the door and loud noises and a little of shouting.

I darted my head towards the direction and my eyes widened from the shock when the doors opened.

"Not a word or a sound, Tatum!" My mother warned just as I stand up.

She was standing there, prim and polished as ever with police men behind her like her little minions that would do anything she would say.

"Mother, what is the meaning of this?!" I gasped as two cops made their way towards Luke's bed.

"He's being arrested for so many things." She shrugged.

I watched as the two placed a hand cuff on Luke and locked it on the side of his cot.

"You can't do that!" I whisper yelled.

How can she be so cruel? She's arresting someone who isn't even aware and is in obvious pain.

"Mother, please! Stop this irrationality! What do you think you're doing? He didn't kidnap me! You don't have enough proof to accuse him!" I fought back, and with another slap of her towards my face my eyes started to become glossy.

"I warned you. I warned you so many times. Its funny what money can do." She trailed off. She grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me out of the room.

"Mother stop! I'm not going anywhere!" I tried to jerk my hand away from her right grip.

I heard grumbling sounds escape from Luke he must've been starting to wake up due to the commotion that my mother is causing and her loud shrill voice.

I saw him flicker his eyes and when he tried to move he noticed his hands were cuffed to the bed.

Due to his grogginess and weakness he couldn't speak but it was clear to his eyes with what was happening. The one I told and warned him about. The one I was really afraid of happening.

"Luke Hemmings, you are arrested for the reasons Kidnapping, Trespassing and Rape." I heard one of the policeman say before I totally passed out because of exhaustion and stress.