Chapter 3

Welcome to Chapter 3 - thank you so much everyone who has voted, read and commented so far on this story - your support so far on this has been amazing, I had such a debate whether this would work or not - here is the next chapter, enjoy!!!

Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

Since Stiles's disappearance a feeling of dread has been over Melissa every single time the door goes or the phone rings advising of a young man arriving and each time that vanishes and is replaced once more with worry as each day passes with no news.

However since the appearance of Chuck, Alby and the new young man, Melissa finally had hope once more that Stiles will be back to them soon one way or another; Melissa was broken from her thoughts as the FBI agent that had been sat with Alby and Chuck had arrived with Alby.

"Mrs McCall, I'm SSA Emily Prentiss of the FBI but please call me Emily. I appreciate you taking the time to help us with this. We have a theory that Alby here may know our John Doe as he did with Chuck." Emily advises shaking Melissa's hand as Alby quietly shuts the door and stands back as though trying to hide in plain sight.

"Please call me Melissa, we really do appreciate your team coming to help us. Alby, you don't have to do this; this is not an easy thing for anyone to have to do." Melissa advises stepping towards Alby, her motherly instincts to want to protect the young man from anymore trauma kicking in.

"I need to do this; I am the only person here right now who can help. I was a proud leader once upon a time and wish to be that person once again." Alby advises stepping forward so he was standing next Emily as Melissa walked to the other side of bed, the bed in front holding the body covered with a sheet.

"Okay Alby, I am only going to uncover their face; take your time and remember there is no pressure here." Melissa advises as Alby nods before composing himself, a list of names running through his head of those he is dreading to see underneath.

Melissa rolls back the blanket until it is sitting under the young man's chin, this part of the job never got easier for either Melissa or Emily; it never did when children or teenagers are involved.

"Winston! He arrived in the Glade about four months after I did, he was the Keeper of the Slicers. Slicers basically look after the animals, repair fences and slaughter the animals required for mealtimes." Alby advises as he notices the confused faces appear on Melissa and Emily as he said Keeper of the Slicers.

Now the identity was confirmed, Melissa recovered Winston's face before following Emily and Alby out of the room into the hallway. It was obvious how close Winston and Alby were before Alby escaped from WCKD, the trio silently made their way back to Chuck's room as Melissa need to do his hourly observations.

Before they could reach the room, several alarms started to ring as Melissa started running with other nurses and doctors towards Chuck's room. Emily held Alby back from entering as she can see through the thin glass panel that CPR was been done currently on Chuck, she slowly moved Alby away from the room and back towards a waiting area.

Half an hour past before doctors and nurses started filing away from the room, each with the same sad and distant look on their faces; Emily didn't need confirmation to know what this meant. She sent a quick message over to the rest of the team advising Alby had confirmed the newer young man as Winston and that Chuck had passed away, she pops her phone away once she spots Melissa heading in their direction.

"Hey Alby! I am so sorry, but Chuck didn't make it. I can give you sometime to say goodbye if you would like?" Melissa advises as silent tears start to fall down Alby's cheek as he nods before rising to his feet, Emily decides to wait where she is to provide Alby the privacy, he needs to say goodbye.