14. Hunter (scenarios)

Let's pretend this didn't take like a year for me to update

Okayy Hollow Mind spoilers

There wasn't any Hunter updates in the latest episode so I'm just gonna go ahead and drop some headcanons for that

So Hunter, in my eyes, are taking a liking to three people currently. Willow, Darius, and Luz.

I feel like Hunter is laying low in the woods right now, just talking to FlapJack to figure out what the hell to do since he can't go back to his home and he's trying to get a grip on his life and what to do now.

I can imagine him eventually getting hungry and him going into the city. Now, cue that cliché scene where the homeless and poor kid steals a loaf of bread, runs from the owner chasing him, and then he quite literally bumps into Willow.

Hunter being panicked out of his mind and not being able to form words correctly, Willow gets scared for him, hears shouting from behind them, and uses her power to trap the owner(s) that were chasing Hunter. Hunter grabs her arms, leads her back to the woods, and basically explains everything that's been going on.

Hunter heard Luz say that she got trapped in Willow's mind once, so maybe Willow knew how to help him.

Willow gave some advice. She told him to try to learn more about the previous Golden Guards. Whether that'd be to ask Belos or anybody else in the Emperors coven. Hunter thanks her and then she leaves.

But Hunter can't go back to where Belos is. He knows he was in his mind. He knows that Hunter knows the truth. He knows he fought him. Belos tried to kill him. And if Hunter returned to the castle, Belos would kill him on the spot.

But not of he snuck in and asked somebody else.

He successfully snuck into the castle and got to speak to a certain someone. Darius. Hunter tells him that he knows everything that happened with the previous Golden Guards and knew everything Belos was planning in the future. Darius gives in and tell him everything he knows about the other Golden Guards.

He then explains that that's why he was so hard on him and treated him poorly. Treated him as if he was nothing more than a child.

It's because he didn't want to get attached to something again. Somebody that Belos could take away in seconds and he could do nothing about.

Towards the end of that conversation, Darius starts turning against him. He starts threatening Hunter and even makes abominations to 'kill' Hunter with.

Darius is against him- he can't go back here. He has to run. So that's exactly what Hunter did. He ran away and didn't look back.

And of course, that's what Darius wanted.

But not for the reason you think.

Seconds after, Belos came in to where he and Hunter were talking. Belos asks what all that commotion was about. Darius brushes it off and says he was training with a couple of abominations. Belos nods and starts walking back to his room.

But Belos doesn't believe him. He knows Hunter was here. He knows that Darius gave Hunter the information he wanted and needed.

But, fortunately to Belos, he'd wait til the Day of Unity to deal with that one.

Hunter, on the other hand, ran back to the woods to hide again. And that's where he camped out for a bit. Until a couple days later, Eda found him one night while it was raining. Hunter was sick and would barely respond to her. The only reason she found him, however, was because FlapJack lead her to him. Guess he trusted people a lot easier than Hunter does.

Eda takes care of Hunter for the night, Luz explaining what all Hunter went through in Belos' mind.

When Hunter wakes up, he's immediately freaked out since he isn't outside anymore and he's in an unfamiliar room. But luckily, FlapJack was there to reassure Hunter and calm him down. He knew he wasn't in the castle since FlapJack wouldn't be here if he was.

Hunter doesn't like it there and tries to sneak out the window. Only to be shoved back in by Hooty and Hooty being Hooty, he was loud enough to alert everybody else in the house. Luz and Eda were the first to come quite literally busting down Hunter's door.

Hunter tried to threaten them into leaving, but both Luz and Eda knew it was an empty threat. Eda did however back off and leave Luz alone with Hunter since she knew he was way more comfortable with her than herself.

After a bit of convincing, they come out of his room and meets everybody else in the house.

His interaction with King went a little something like King asking Hunter how it felt to lead armies and men in general. Hunter, not interacting with people this childish, was strangely endeared by the behavior.

His interaction with Eda was mainly her saying how he didn't have to stay here and she wasn't gonna force him, but he was welcomed to and he was welcomed to come back any time. That gave Hunter a bit of comfort.

His interaction with Hooty was literally Hooty barfing up mail and Hunter being disgusted yet impressed at the same time.

His interaction with Lily went something like Lily teasing him for actually trusting Belos. Hunter teasing back that she was reckless enough for Belos to basically fire her. And this kind of bickering happened randomly throughout the days. It was a good distraction for the both of them. They both laughed along with each other, laughed at each other, and laughed at themselves. That made Hunter feel like the situation he was in wasn't as bad as he initially thought.

Hunter liked it here. So did FlapJack.

They both stayed there for a bit:]