☼︎ In Your Arms ☼︎

Trigger Warning!

(Author's Note: No song for this one! This contains abuse. Sorry this one is so short!)

I'm on my way to the apartment my boyfriend Owen and I have been sharing. I have recently moved in with him, big mistake on my part. I get threats from him all the time saying he'll hurt me or even my friends, mainly one of my friends inparticular, Drew. Ever since I started dating Owen has always hated the fact that Drew and I were close and recently he's been acting worse.

I already know when I walk through the door his accusations will start. It's always something about Drew. He can't just let go of the fact that we're just friends. I open the door hesitantly after checking the time, 12 a.m. I was with Madelyn and lost track of time. I sigh of relief until I hear footsteps coming from down the hall. I close the door quietly already knowing Owen is pissed.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He seethed. "Um, I was at Madelyn's." I say in almost a whisper. He scoffs, "Oh Madelyn's huh? You know, I really love it when you lie to my face y/n." He spat. "I'm not lying." I say truthfully. "Oh bullshit. So you mean to tell me you weren't at Drew's house until 12 a.m. hm?" I nod, "I wasn't at Drew's house, I'm not lying to you." I say.

He takes a step closer. "Why don't we go ask Drew where you were?" He says leaning down slightly to be face to face with me. "I swear Owen, I was with Madelyn you can call her and ask right now." I say pulling my phone from my pocket and holding it out. "Don't bother I don't like being lied to by you but I don't need to be lied to by your friends either." My eyebrows knit together as I take a step back.

"But I-I'm not- I'm not lying to you Owen I promi-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I felt his fist come in contact with my eye. I stumble back, my hand instantly coming up and covering my eye. I pull my hand away to find blood on my fingertips. He punches me again, full force, in the lower jaw. "Owen stop please." I cry out.

"You're not allowed to go out ever. Fucking. Again. Work and that's it." He seethes. Tears fall from my eyes as I nod slowly at him. "Got it?" He shouts. "Yes, okay, I got it." I whisper after jumping slightly. He walks back down the hall leaving me on the floor. A sob escapes my mouth as I quickly make sure he's not coming back out. I stand up and swing open the front door trying to be as quiet as possible.

I rush outside into the hall after closing the door quietly and making my way to my car after taking the elevator to the parking garage. I shut the car door and frantically pull out of the parking garage. I cry the whole way to Drew's simply scared of what Owen will do when he finds out where I am.

I park my car and make my way up to Drew's apartment. I hesitantly raise my hand and knock on his apartment door. As I'm about to lose hope a tired Drew opens the door. "Y/n?" he asks after seeing me show up to his doorstep at 12:30 a.m. My lip quivers before I break down crying all over again. He instantly rushes over to me pulling me into his arms before closing the apartment door.

"Hey hey what happened? Are you okay?" He asks, worry laced in his tone. "Owen, he-he," I say, unable to bring myself to say what he did. "What, what did he do?" He asks soothingly, his voice calming my trembling body down slightly. I look him in the eye before whispering, "He hit me." I put my head down against Drew's chest avoiding eye contact with him.

He lifts my chin up with his hand lightly to get a good look at my face. "Oh my god." Drew whispers. He pulls me into another hug holding me tightly. I sigh under his touch feeling safe.

"Let's get you cleaned up." He says running his thumbs lightly under my eyes, wiping away my tears. I sniffle and follow him to the bathroom. He grabs a washcloth and runs it under warm water before placing it under my eye and gently washing off the blood.

He kisses me on the forehead after he's done. "He'll never touch you again okay." He says. I nod, "Thank you Drew." He smiles, "Of course y/n. I love you." My heart skips a beat at his words. I lean in and his lips meet mine in a soft, passionate kiss.

"You can stay with me, yeah?" He says as we walk out of the bathroom and go into his room. "Yeah, do you have any clothes I can change into?" I ask. "Yeah, is a t-shirt fine?" I nod. "Here you go." He says handing me one of his t-shirts. "I'll let you change, I'm gonna go grab a water. You want one?" He asks. "Sure." He leaves the room and closes the door.

I throw on his t-shirt and he comes back in with our waters. I lay down under his comforter and feel the bed dip beside me as he gets in. I roll on my side, my back facing him and he wraps an arm around me pulling me close to him. "I love you too Drew." I whisper. He kisses the top of my head before saying, "Good night y/n." I smile, "Good night Drew."

I sigh as I fall asleep feeling safe.

In his arms.