☼︎ Close My Eyes ☼︎

(Author's Note: I got this idea from hollzycc tiktok account! This one also gets a little sexual I guess you could say. There's no smut or anything just skinny dipping. I couldn't think of a good ending so it's kind of abrupt.)

I walk into my room after hearing my phone ring a few times. "Hey." I sigh after picking up. "Hey y/n, we were wondering if you want to maybe, hang out with us." John B says through the phone. "It's been a while." He adds on after I don't respond.

"Yeah sure I'll be there. What time?" I ask. "Whenever, it doesn't matter." He says, I can hear the other pogues in the background getting excited which makes me smile slightly. "Alright then I'll see you in a few." I say. "Bring a swimsuit!" JJ shouts before I hang up.

I toss my phone onto the bed and walk over to my dresser picking out a swimsuit of mine. I change into it and throw on a pair of jean shorts and a white cropped top over it. I put on some converse shoes and brush my hair, leaving it down before grabbing my phone and keys.

I walk outside to my car and drive the long drive to John B's. I'm a kook so I live on Figure 8 meaning the drive to the cut is pretty far.

When I pull in I walk inside and go out back to find the whole gang together. John B, JJ, Kie, Pope, and lastly my best friend, Sarah Cameron.

They all cheer once they see me and race each other over to hug me first. Sarah beats everyone, engulfing me in a huge, warm hug. I giggle slightly as the rest of them follow her over giving me a hug as well. "Alright guys was I really gone that long?" I ask after they set me free. "5 weeks too long y/n." Kie says smiling.

I smile slightly as the group gets quiet. "What?" I ask after seeing they're all staring at me. "Nothing, let's party!" JJ says breaking the stares and putting his hands in the air.

I take off my top, shorts, and shoes and get in the hot tub followed by Sarah and JJ. John B and Pope get a fire going while Kie goes and grabs more beer from inside the chateu.

"So how's it been?" Sarah asks stepping over and sitting down beside me in the water. A solemn, more or less sad, look taking over her face. "It's been alright, hanging in there you know." I say in attempt to brush it off before giving her a reassuring smile. Her face expression stays the same as she gives me a 'tell me the truth' type of look.

I sigh giving in knowing she won't let this topic go. "It's been difficult Sar. I love him and he's gone. I don't know what to do with myself." I say trying not to cry in front of her or anyone else. "Y/n." She says sadly pulling me into a hug. I wipe my eyes quick enough before any of the built up tears shed after we pull away.

"I'm here for you, you know that right?" She asks. I smile slightly and nod, "I know." I whisper.

"Beer anyone?" Kie says in a funny accent. We all rush over to her, each grabbing a beer or two. All of us get in the hot tub and the boys shotgun a beer for fun. We chat for a little while, all of us catching up on a few things. Mainly me considering I haven't been around for 5 weeks.

(...)

"I'm bored." John B says out of no where. He gives JJ and knowing smirk before JJ breaks out and says, "Truth or Dare?" My face lights up before I laugh lightly. "If you want, to pass the time." I say.

"Alright, Pope, truth or dare?" JJ says mischeviously. Pope rolls his eyes, "Truth."

"Do you have feelings for any girl here?" JJ asks. "Yeah." Pope says shyly, I wonder who it could be, probably Kie.

"Sarah, truth or dare." Pope asks. "Truth."

"Who's one ex that you would never go back to?" Pope asks. She takes a moment to think, "Okay it'd probably be Topper but I wouldn't get back together with any of my ex's if I had a choice." She says winking at John B. All the flirtatious activity is making me feel left out, I guess one could say.

"Y/n, truth or dare?" John B asks. "Dare." I respond. "Yeah finally, now we're talking!" JJ exclaims shooting his hands into the air excitedly.

"I dare you to go swimming," he pauses still thinking. "With your clothes off." I furrow my eyebrows as the dare sinks in.

"Fine."

I get up out of the hottub and walk over to the doc. The rest of the pogues quickly get out and follow me. I stop and stare into the water as a memory floods back to me.

"Baby no stop!" I giggle into Rafe's ear as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Rafe put me down!"

"Come on it'll be fun, let's just get in." He says making his way over to the water. "Seriously Rafe, I'm in my dress and I'll have nothing else to put on after, can we just go home?"

He sets me down and makes sure I'm stable on my feet before letting go. "Just get in without anything." He shrugs. I raise my eyebrows at him. Is he serious? "Rafe I can't."

"Why," He groans like a toddler who doesn't get their way. "It's nothing I haven't seen before." I hit him lightly on the shoulder and laugh. "You're funny Rafe Cameron." I say before reaching up to kiss him.

He slides the straps of my dress down my arms and I step out of it leaving me in my bra and underwear. I take them off and he strips as well and we run down into the water together.

"I'm not gonna lie, it's a little chilly." He says with a laugh as he pulls me closer into him.

I'm broken from my thoughts by John B and JJ jumping into the water. "I'm backing out." I say jumping in with my swimsuit still on. I'm only saving that memory for Rafe.

"Hey come on it was gonna be fun!" JJ shouts. "Well this can be fun too!" I say swimming over to him and dunking him under the water. The rest of the pogues laugh while JJ comes up and shakes his shaggy head of hair all around to get the water out of it.

(...)

After a long night of drinking and having fun with the pogues we all go inside. "I'm gonna head to bed, night guys." I say giving them all a wave and a yawn. They are say their good nights and head to bed themselves. I sleep on the sofa even though it's pretty uncomfortable, just don't tell John B.

As soon as my head hits the pillow I drift off to sleep.

"

Hey baby, did you have fun tonight?" Rafe asks from the living of our apartment. I sit my keys on the counter and walk over to him and sit beside him. "Yeah it was fun." I say smiling.

"That's good, I'm glad you had fun. You deserve it, you've been upset lately baby." He says, his tone soft as he caresses my cheek. "I know I just-" I close my eyes and hold back the tears that are begging to fall. "I just miss you."

"I'm right here." He says kissing me on the lips. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He fades away and I'm stuck with myself in our lonely apartment. Tears begin to flow down my cheeks as I curl up on the couch.

I gasp for air and quickly sit up and try to catch my breath. I hear the clank of a glass on the counter top in the kitchen and I look around in the dark room to find the silouette of one of the pogues. "John B?" I tiredly whisper, squiting my eyes as if that will help me make out the shadow.

"Hey." He whispers. I hear the sounds of his footsteps trailing over to me. I make room on the couch for him to sit. "Are you alright? You seem, off." He says. "Yeah I'm fine." I swat my hand in the air for emphasis even though it's basically pitch black.

"Y/n you can talk to any of us if somethings going on." He says reassuringly. I sigh and determine whether I should tell him anything or not. "I see him." I start. "Him?" He trails off. "Rafe," I say. He nods understandingly. "It's like he's almost, real."

"Where do you, see, him?" John B asks. "My head. When I close my eyes, he's there smiling, talking to me." I tell him. "You miss him don't you?" He says followed by a nod from me.

"I love him." I say as a single tear rolls down my cheek.

I'll love him forever.