Aunt Eda

Eda

"Okay, Hooty I'm only going to say this once. Drop the kid," I said in a stern voice. I created Hooty. You would think that would be enough of a reason for him to follow my every command. Normally he does but every now and again he gets like this.

"No, It's my turn to play with the baby" he argued, holding the kid away from me.

"Hooty he's not a toy now give him back!" I demanded. If anything bad happened to the kid during my watch Lilith would kill me. At the very least she would make sure nobody on the isles would sell me any apple blood and I can't live without it.

"Make me!" shouted Hooty slithering into the house taking Hunter with him. You would think that a child would start crying if a demon kidnapped them like this but this kid was enjoying himself. Just goes to show that he really is a Clawthorne laughing in the face of danger.

"Where are you going? You know I can just follow your body, right?" I said as I followed behind. Seriously, where did he think he could hide inside the house?

"No!" shouted Hooty belligerently still moving further into the house.

"Ugh, why are you like this," I grumbled following behind. As annoying as it was following these two around the house it was a nice change of pace. Usually, it was just Hooty and me alone.

Ever since the curse, I tried keeping everyone away because I did not like them worrying about me or worrying about hurting them. The curse was something that I needed to deal with and I was doing a great job at it if I do say so myself. Still, after all this time talking with Lilith and having her share my experience felt like a huge weight had been lifted. Having the kid around also added a level of chaos that was always entertaining to me.

When I got to the second floor of the house I saw that the hallway was littered with Hooty's body. It was hard to tell exactly what room the two were in and just the thought of having to search through all of them made me feel exhausted. "Fine you win Hooty you can play with the kid but you better make sure that there isn't a single scratch on him you got that?"

"Okay!" he replied cheerfully from somewhere down the hallway.

"I need a nap. Hey! I'm going to go take a nap on the couch!" I announced then headed back downstairs. This might be a bad decision but thank's to Lily and the kid I hardly slept last night and I already missed my morning nap. I'm too tired to be held responsible for my actions.

Once I reached the living room I threw myself on the couch and almost instantly fell asleep. I was having such a lovely nap until the loud cries woke me up. I was still pretty groggy but I could still make out the distinct sound of Hooty crying. If had a snail for each time I woke up to Hooty's crying. Most of the time he cried because he was bored so there was no real reason for concern. So I rolled over to try and go back to sleep. I was all nice and cozy when I remembered Hooty was looking after the kid. Why could I not hear the kid?

I jumped off of the couch and ran to where I heard Hooty's cries coming from. He was inside one of the spare rooms laying on the floor crying. Hunter was sitting right next to Hooty petting him. "Ugh Hooty where are the kid's clothes?" I asked as I stared at the baby who was only wearing his diapers. Lilith had mentioned that he had scars all over his body but it still took me by surprise.

Hooty turned his head away from me and grew silent. Well, that was not a good sign. "Hooty, what did you do?"

I walked into the room and picked up the kid. As soon as I did he started whimpering along with Hooty. "Hoot..." I started but was caught off by his wales.

"I ATE THEM!!!" he cried. " He wanted to take off his onesie so I helped him and then I ate them!"

"Oh boy, okay hey don't worry about it I'm sure that Lily left a change of clothes for him so..." I said trying to comfort him but he's crying only grew louder.