Confrontation

"Wakey wakey Eda it's time for breakfast!" shouted Hooty. Even with my eyes closed, I could feel him hovering over me doing his breakfast dance. It was more like weird wiggling than a dance but it was disturbing to watch nonetheless.

"Go away Hooty," I groaned, not wanting to open my eyes. I swatted my hand in the air in an attempt to make Hooty leave. I then heard Hunter's baby babbles which is when I opened my eyes. He was sitting next to me in my nest looking at me with that little angry scowl of his. He doesn't like it when I get upset with Hooty. It's actually pretty darn cute how he gets mad. "I see you brought backup. You know it's cheating to bring the kid into this?"

I got more angry babbles from the kid and a self-satisfied grin from Hooty. I sat up and scooped up the baby and started tickling him. I've always thought babies in general were annoying. Being around them always gave me a headache. This kid was different though. Heck, I even found his laugh to be contagious and downright adorable.

"Alright let's go," I said jumping out of my nest with Hunter in my arms. "You two aren't going to let me go back to sleep anyway. Lead the way Hooty."

"Aye aye follow me!" he shouted making his way out the room.

I followed behind with the baby in my arms. I just know this kid is going to be quite the talker when he gets older. The entire way he kept talking to me in baby while I just nodded along and threw in the occasional "mhm" and "you don't say". Each time I did he babbled more enthusiastically.

Once we arrived at the kitchen I saw my dining room table filled with all types of breakfast foods with Lilith still placing more dishes on the table. In typical Lilith fashion, she had gone all out. Once she noticed us enter the room she rushed over to us excitedly.

"Good morning sister! I hope you slept well." She said beaming with far too much energy. Why is everyone in this house an early bird? Just thinking about how early she must wake up to come all the way here to drop off the kid and make breakfast makes me shutter. "Please take a seat. I wasn't sure what you would prefer so I made a little bit of everything."

"I'll say," I laughed while admiring the food. She was really proud of what she had made. While I did appreciate it I couldn't help noticing there was more food on the table than I had in my house. Had she gone to the market? Seriously how does she have so much energy? Usually, I would grab a mug of apple blood and a snack to go along with it then take a nap. Still, I do appreciate her going out of her way to do this. Seeing such a huge spread and eating breakfast together always makes me think of our time back home when we were young.

"You don't like it? It's too much, isn't it?" she said, looking at the table filled with food. "Or maybe it's not enough. I can always go down to the market again..."

"Relax Lily it's perfect. Although I am curious what brought this on?" I said handing her the kid and taking a seat at the table. I started filling my plate with a little bit of everything I could get my hands on.

"This is just my way to show my thanks for taking care of Hunter," she said as she put the kid in a high chair she created using magic. She then took a seat next to him and handed him a spoon and set a plate with food in front of him. He was still learning how to use a spoon so meal time was often followed by bath time.

Looking at the two of them across the table seems so surreal to me. It has been a little bit over a month since the day Lily showed up at my front door with the baby. Even though they have both become regulars at my home it's still hard to believe. It wasn't too long ago when I would have laughed in the face of anyone that would even suggest me getting along with my sister and yet here we were. Not to mention that as of a few weeks ago Hooty and I have become the official babysitters for Hunter while Lilly is out working.