3

John

We was sitting at the lunch table Brian was over here with heart eyes looking at Karen. He never had a interest for her until now, so what changed?

"Drew what's the matter?"

"Nothing."

" I don't like these eyes you giving Karen."

"I don't like the eyes brian but you don't see me saying anything."

"John what's the matter?"

"Nothing Karen, Dorinda I'll see y'all later." I got up emptying my tray and walking around the school.

Karen was too beautiful to be with Brian he wasn't gonna treat her right at all. I've been her friends for years I don't know how would I just say oh Dorinda I got a crush on your sister and have had one for a while.

They gone look at me crazy especially now since Brian all of a sudden wants to show interest into her. Ian even trying to be in any competition with him I just know he doesn't deserve her.

"Hey John wait a minute."

"Karen?"

"Can I walk with you?"

"Yea."

"What's going on, you never was tight with me."

"Yea well you never gave another person attention."

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

"Wait John, is there something you wanna tell me?"

Should I tell her? Ion want to change our dynamic and ruin our friendship.

"No Karen."

"We'll can you stop acting funny. You're my true friend and ion want what could possibly happen between me and Brian affect us."

"So you like Brian?"

"Not necessarily, but he's the only one that really likes me outside of a friendship."

"That's not true."

"How come? name someone else that likes me? I'll wait."

"I- uh umm."

"Yea. Look John I know you trynna make sure I don't get hurt and I love you for that."

"But Karen don't just be going for the first boy that says he likes you when he might not be for you. It's like buying a car, you don't pick the first one cause it's easy and cheap, you gotta browse and find one to your liking, let it find you, understand what I'm saying. You're a beautiful person Karen and there's gonna be plenty of people you'll cross that's going to like you but do not settle for the first one, leave ya options open and let 'em find you. Who knows the love of your life could be the closet to you, standing in front of you and you'd never know because you settled for the first thing. Just be careful Karen that's all I'm saying."

"Thank you John." She grabbed my hand looking at me then placed a kiss to my cheek. Man I was blushing like crazy on the inside. To be kissed by Karen is to be kissed by an Angel.

I looked in her eyes as she looked in mines.

"I know there's something else you wanna tell me. I just don't know what it is, sooner or later you're gonna crack and when you do I'll openly listen and pay close attention just like you do for me." Her hand rest on my cheek as something in me decided to pull her closer.

"Karen I—."

"My my my what a beautiful sight." Dorinda looked my way with a big ole grin on her face like she just knew I told her.