18

Excuse any mistakes

Karen

I walked in to nobody being there. "Hello?"

"Jacky! Rinda! Twank!!" Now everyone can't be gone cause all of them can't fit in the car.

"Karen!!" Dorinda came round the corner grinning.

"Hey pumpkin." I embraced her tightly realizing that nothing will ever come between me and her.

"Look at you girl, you look good." She looked at me like she haven't seen me in 3 years.

"Dorinda, I haven't been gone too long."

"Long enough."

"Oh hush it. I thought about our last conversation and I definitely may owe you an apology."

"It's accepted, now come on."

"Dorinda slow down, I have to talk to mama."

"And I have to talk to you." She looked dead at me holding out her hand.

"Come on Karen." She took me in her room and sat me down.

"Now Karen—."

"Mama wait. I came because I wanted to apologize for how I've acted and what I've said."

"Karen honey you were right."

"Ma'am?"

"You were right. For one I've treated you like you were invisible. You have a voice and it needed to be heard rather I wanted to hear it or not. You stood up for your sister exactly how I raised you. I think I need to step back, and realize whom you've become, just the person I've raised you to be. You don't put up with nothing less of what's right."

"Thank you, but mother I disrespected you."

"Well I disrespected you as well."

"But the commandment."

"Alright Karen, we ain't gone live holy all the time we gone skip a day or two or a week. Bottom line it's all forgiven. Now if you would please move back home. We miss you."

"What about Denise?"

"That's another subject."

"I'm not coming back until you speak with her mama, it's not fair."

"But what if she doesn't want to come back."

"I'd have to hear it from her first."

"Karen please.."

"Mama I just can't, it's not fair. I think ima leave, yea."

"Karen no, I can't take it anymore. Please come home, I miss you and the girls miss you too. Set aside Denise just please Karen, I'm sorry I'm soooo sorry. I don't want you to leave again , I need you, I miss my best friend."

"I'll think about it ok?"

"Ok." Dorinda had water in her eyes, was me leaving this hurtful to her?

"I love you Karen." I lifted her head and searched her eyes.

"I love you too Doe Doe." Something in Dorinda wasn't right, the way she looked at me wasn't right. Something's wrong in this house, something's wrong with Dorinda.

Denise

"The baby isn't mines!"

"I'm not sure."

"How!"

"James, I slept with someone else while you was still with your wife. Remember you're having an affair with me on her."