Chapter 2

Harley's Pov.

After Angel and I left my parents house, we headed home to the apartment. I carried Angel up the four flights of stairs and down the hallway to apartment 46 and unlocked the door, putting Angel down. We walked I'm and I saw the caller ID light was flashing. I knew I should have gotten rid of it and upgrade to a cell phone but I was so old fashioned and I had it since I had moved in. I hut the play button and listened as the messages began to play.

"Harley, it's Hailey. Call me when you get home. Talk to you soon"

"Harley, it's Amy. I know you have been busy with work dear but Chris and I would like you to come over when you can. It's been awhile since we last seen you. Call and let us know if ya can make it"

I wanted to call and I probably should but it would only just end up talking about their sinand I didn't even want to get into that, maybe tomorrow. I headed intonthe kitchen and began cooking dinner when someone started knocking hastily.

" I'll get it!" Angel shouted.

"Ask who it is first" I called after her.

I pulled out a pan and began filling it up with water, adding a dash of salt and sat it on the stove to boil when Angel ran into the kitchen with Hailey behind her.

"Where have you been chica?" Hailey asked.

"I've had to go pickup Angel and then I had to go to mom and dad's to talk to her" I frowned.

"Couldn't you have just called her?" Hailey asked.

" Not with my home phone at home" I ripped open a bag of pasta and poured it in the pot, letting it cook.

"You need to get a cell phone and come into this century. You're too old fashioned"

"You say it like it's a bad thing" I laughed.

"You need to upgrade and that's why I'm taking you out. We're having a girls day" Hailey smirked.

"I cant, I got to work early in the morning, so I'll need you to watch Angel and take her to school" I took a wooden spoon from the silverware drawer, walked over to the stove, stirring the pasta in the pot.

"You know I always do. We'll be back by 9 tonight. Go get ready and I'll finish this " Hailey took the wooden spoon from me and shooed me out of the kitchen. I made my way to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me.

My walls were painted a light grey and they were decorated with pictures with Hailey in through the school years, but there were other Polaroids  when I met Angel's dad, Andy in high school. I let out a sigh as I scanned my eyes over the Polaroids, turning to look at my red curtains  down to my black bedding with red and grey throw pillows. In the middle of my bed sat two black stuffed animals, a cat and a bat that Andy and I won from the school Halloween carnival from many years ago.

" I thought you had gotten rid of those?" Hailey came in and looked around the room l, her eyes landing on the stuffed animals.

"Obviously not" Harley spoke, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"You haven't gotten over him have you?" She asked.

"How can I when my daughter is the same spitting image pf him. Blonde hair, blue eyes and that same smile. It's not hard to guess who her father is" Tears gathered at the edge of my bottom eyelids threatening to fall. I blinked them away, walking over and staring into the mirror.

"We need you to start dating and get you iut of this apartmen" Hailey walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"It's not that old" I commented, turning to look at her.

"The sink leaks, the floors are old and creaks and the water heater needs replaced. Trust me this place is old" Hailey looked over at me as I walked over to the open closet doors as I searched for something to wear. I pulled out a red blouse, a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of strappy sandals and made my way to the bathroom.

"Maybe you're right" I called out as I heard Hailey  get up and walked to the bathroom door.

"I know I'm right"

"Go help Angel change please?" I asked as I tripped and fell into the bathroom causing a loud noise.

"Will do"

Twenty minutes later, Hailey, Angel and I were wandering throughout thr mall, going from store to store. Hailey and I soon arrived at the phone store while Angel took off to the toy store. We were browsing through the aisles when we came across the iPhones.

"Let's get you one of these" Hailey exclaimed.

"No, it's too expensive" I complained. "I'll just get a throw away phone" I walked out of the aisle and made my way up to the cash register, pulling a  phone off the display rack and placed it on the counter.

"Mommy!" Angel called out. I raised a brow as I looked behind me to see Angel run to wherever Hailey was.

"Hey there" said the cashier as he was ringing out my item. " Did you find everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just needed to grab a phone before we left on vacation" I lie as a yawn escaped, quickly covering my hand over my mouth. "Excuse me. I must be tired than I thought" I laughed, handing the cashier the money and taking mqy item.

"Have a good day" he said ripping the receipt off the printer and handed it to me. I took my bag and pulled out my phone, not giving a care in the world as I began tearing it open when someone bumped into me.

"Watch where you're going asshole!" I shouted not bothering to look up. I kept going and didn't turn to look until I saw the retreating figure dressed from head to back walking into the phone store with his hands in his pockets.

A/N: Hey guys. I decided to write this chapter in Harley's Point of view so you can see some of the world through her eyes. Let me know what you think. Any writers tips are appreciated.