3

Czarina pov
It's been two years working at the Director of Criminal investigations and I gotta say it was no simple journey. Had its ups and downs and one can insert some few mental breakdowns here and there. Thank goodness I didn't add that, 'I can do well under pressure' in my CV. Pfft. If anything pressure can do well above me. Under me? But you get the gist. Anyway. I can't do well under pressure.

And do y'all have those days you know it's going to be well but not going to be well but it's whatever. Anybody. Somebody. Nobody. OK. I gets.

" Powers to my office. This instance." calls my sweet boss. Not.

"Yes sir," I jumped. Literally jumped.

" Another charity case. You really don't get it do you?"

I kept mum. I mean what was I to say. Yes sir. Am humbly using your money for the needy. Let me give you a little hint of how beuracracies work. It's more so of a man eat man society. And especially in such a government corporation the highest bidder gets their case solved.

Wn unprecedented slap came. Landing square and fair on my face. And I ain't gonna lie it hurt like a bitch. And oh no. Don't worry. This is just a norm so used to it but not the pain.

" Time and again I sent my warning. But you do not heed it. You think your youthfulness will last forever. Get out my office and fix this."

I rushed out his office but only due to one reason. I did not want him to see me crying. Now to fill you in. Ever been in a situation you really yearn to help but the way to do it will have your head on a platter. It all started on my sixth month after employment. This man lost his wife but didn't have the man power to get his answers and justice. Being the weakling I am felt pity on him and a case he's been following for 6 years boosted it up the ladder and he got his justice while I got my pay cut. A win win. It hurt like a bitch.  And that was the start of me bumping cases, several probational meetings, endless slaps and the most painful of them all pay cuts.

My boss though a cruel man surprisingly defended me during those probational meetings.

While leaving the office this girl approached me yesterday and wanted her uncle made accountable for rape. I mean I was in tears before the angel of goodwill visited me and whispered to me to risk my salary. Cause frankly I heard nothing else. That's the reason for my current slap. Good thing her case was next and my boss knew very well that there was nothing that could be done from here.

That's a little summary of my work environment. I went home later that day and took a deep breathe for supper.