Chapter 7

Okay yall MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING, what happens in this chapter is needed for development but graphic. I'll tell everybody when the graphic shit starts and if u want to skip it pls do. I completely understand. Don't ever read something that might make you feel uncomfortable. Other than that thank you for all the support I've gotten (: y'all are the best.

-
The thing was: Lexi liked to observe people. Oftentimes, she stared a little too long at strangers
and when they locked eyes with her, she'd just glare
and hold their gaze. She liked knowing that all the
people around her had their own lives with their
own problems. Much like the stars above, knowing
she wasn't the only one dealing with shit made her
problems seem smaller, almost nonexistent.

She needed that. Knowing that other people's lives were also insane made everything easier.

Nate clenched his jaw and flared his nostrils. "I could kill you"

Fezco screwed up his face. "Do you not remember what happened last time you pissed me off"

Lexi felt so focused on Nate and Fezco that is, until Maddy broke her concentration. "Why won't you let us save you," she asked softly, but her voice came out harsh.

Lexi furrowed her brows. "I don't need to be saved," She snapped roughly.

"Trust me you'll want to be saved," Maddy laughed.

"I understand what your going through," She continued.

"Nate traps you. He makes you feel dependent on him and sometimes that can feel great until it doesn't. Until it makes you feel like a child," She explained and Lexi rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were going to beat me up," She chuckled.

Maddy felt herself smile at that... like really
smile. "I could beat you up. You deserve that"

"Then fucking do it," Lexi demanded.

Maddy shook her head. "No. I want to help you because nobody helped me. I don't want another girl to go through what happened to me," She admitted.

Lexi was angry but she loved Maddy. She taught her how to be confident. She explained that she didn't have to look like Cassie to be beautiful. Lexi couldn't throw that friendship away. She just couldn't.

"Slap me," She ordered trying to make her voice
sound confident, but it came out weak.

Maddy didn't say anything instead she did as Lexi asked. She slapped her and it was a hard fucking slap.

Lexi's eyes lit up. "I bet that felt good"

"It did," She agreed happily.

"We're going to leave, McKay" Nate yelled out.

Fezco kept shaking his head at him. "She's not going to leave with somebody who isn't good enough for her"

Lexi loved how Fez was standing up to Nate. Her cheeks burned, and she had to bite her lip to contain the smile that had lifted onto her face.

Nate scoffed. "Let me explain something to you, Fezco. You're a dropout drug dealer who's losing brain cells daily. You do not deserve to leave with anybody here."

"Well Lexi is perfect. She's too good for you," He complimented, his voice like silk.

"I am good enough for her. I'm going to make a shit ton of money and be very successful while you are going continue to sell drugs. Pathetic," Nate explained roughly.

"Now let's leave, Lex" Nate called out. Lexi's head whipped around almost instantly. They held intense eye contact for a few moments. She wanted to say something. She wanted to refuse to leave with him but she couldn't.