Chapter 9

Nate Jacobs loved for things to be organized and neat. When he was younger he didn't like to play with toys but he did like to organize them. While his brother would make messes, Nate would clean them up.

His mother loved how sweet he was as a child. She appreciated how helpful he was and how he always tried to make her proud. It was almost as if he were an angel.

She would always love Nate but even she couldn't deny how much he'd changed. She wondered what happened and why he so drastically changed?

"Do you want kids?" Nate asked as they approached his house.

She didn't. She had no desire to raise a child, or care for one, or be responsible for one. She hated to admit it but she was lazy, She could take care of herself just fine, but the extra work to raise a child just wasn't worth it. She wanted financial freedom, freedom to make spontaneous decisions, children wouldn't allow for that. Also they're expensive.

"No. They're expensive and I want to live my life without having to worry about them constantly"

"Also pregnancy seems difficult. Birth seems even harder," She continued.

"Can't argue with that," He laughed.

Lexi stared at him icily before speaking. "Lastly I don't want anymore children to be in this fucked up world with people like you in it," She spewed hatefully.

He ignored her comment. "I want kids. I wouldn't want a son though or a daughter."

Lexi furrowed her brows, confused. "Then what the fuck would you want"

"I don't know," He responded.

Annoyance crossed Lexi's face as she shot him
a blank expression. "Your so fucking weird"

"Noted," He said back. They then sat in silence for a couple minutes.

"Do you like your mom?" Lexi finally spoke up. She didn't know why but she actually wanted to learn more about Nate. Not because she liked him but because she wanted to find out how he became this crazy and fucked up person.

"No. She's weak, and a pushover. Plus, she doesn't take care of herself"

Lexi laughed. "You don't like weak women"

"Ask me something else," He barked.

"Fine. Do you like your dad?" She questioned.

"I don't like my brother," He said back, not wanting to actually answer her question.

"What about your dad?" She asked. She needed to learn more about his father.

"He isn't an idiot like Aaron," Nate responded.

"What makes Aaron an idiot," She questioned.

Nate chucked. "He's a fuck-up"

"Why? Because he doesn't live up to the high expectations your father set?"

"Because be doesn't have guts or brains or half a fucking clue," Nate yelled heatedly.

Lexi scoffed. "Do you think your some genius or something"

Nate made a face. "I'm smarter than he is"

Lexi narrowed her eyes into slits, and shook
her head at him. "You know what I don't understand? You say that you don't like weak women like your mother yet I bet protecting them makes you feel strong and powerful. You thrive on that. You thrive on feeling unbeatable," She explained.

"But you are beatable, Nate. Everybody is"

"I could beat you," Nate screamed, furious.

"That wouldn't be a fair fight. Your obviously stronger than me. I mean by 12, you adopted a rigid diet and workout schedule. Within a year, your body fat apparently dropped from 23% to 6%."