Chapter 1

??? (POV)

My entire body was shaking, I was cold, in pain, and weak. To make matters worse, it is night. I am not going to make it much further. I had recently just gave birth to a baby boy and he is asleep in my arms. I cannot look after him anymore. I am going to die soon.

I went to the castle since yes, it is the castle of blood and death, but the countess is a mother and hopefully, she can raise my little one. She does have a soft spot for children after all.

I went up to the door and hit the doors hard before getting away from the castle gates. I then collapsed to the ground and everything faded to black. Before it did though, I was met with lycans crawling up to me. I am now their food.

Lady Dimitrescu (POV)

I was at the fire drinking wine before I heard the loud knock at my door. I immediately got my claws out just to see if it was a survivor. I told my dearest daughters to wait until I bring the human in before I let them shred it.

I walked up and opened the door and I seen nothing until I looked down. I seen... a baby in a basket with a note saying "Please look after him, My lady."

I immediately scooped him up and cradled him gently. He was crying softly and I tried to hush it. I brought it inside and sat down. My daughters then swarmed up to me.

"Mother, where is the man or woman?" Bela asked me holding their sickles ready to attack.

"No. I found a baby left at our door. He is very cold and I am trying to warm him." I replied with him holding my finger.

I looked down and smiled. He was super cute. Then I realised something, he had blood slightly dried on his head. "He is just born!" I shouted gently to not scare the baby.

My daughters then got excited because they never have seen a newborn before. The baby was crying softly as his little head was resting on my chest and was just starting to get used to the world.

I hushed it gently trying to get it to calm down.

"Mother, will he be our little brother?" Daniela asks.

This question made me think. Miranda never allows adoptions on humans and I hate men. I felt a little worried because he has no where else to go because everyone in the village is almost dead and he is very fragile and would not survive a cadou infection being alive this early.

But maybe I could give this little one a chance but if he fails, he will be killed.

I then took a breath and just looked at them. "We will see..." I told them after finally getting the baby to relax. He then did something as I looked at him... he started to open his eyes slowly and seen me.

I felt pure joy seeing him look at me and I was the very first person he seen.

"Hello!" I say gently smiling down and giving him my finger to hold.
My daughters started to tear up seeing it all.
"He is just... gourgeous." I said as I started to tear.

Then I decided to go to my chambers and ring Miranda about it.

After settling him down in a cradle in my chambers, I called Miranda while cradling him in there.

After finishing the call, Miranda allowed me to have him there until he was three months old before I could go on with the cadou infection.

So since she has given me permission, I will give him a chance. I have always wanted to have a baby for my own and this was my chance. I also could not give up on a baby who's eyes fell first on me in his life and had trusted me as soon as he fell eyes on me.