Meeting Uriel & Azrael

I quickly glanced into the girl's eyes, walking out of the audition room just before me in the hallway, and the truth is, she looked somewhat happy. Maybe it isn't so bad, after all.

I kissed my good luck charm necklace and opened the door. The gentleman I met at the Red Café and a slightly weird yellowish-headed, hair-looking woman were sitting at the table.

"Sarah, glad you could make it. That's the promising young lady I told you so much about." He said to her with excitement.

She vaguely lifted her head, looked at me with her soul grabbing eyes, and said,

"Well, let's hear it then. I hope you are as good as Steve claims, any time now!" And that was the introduction, I guess.

I closed my eyes imagined myself on stage playing for my dad and friends, and started playing. I wasn't even five seconds through the song yet when I heard,

"Stop! Good execution, but no feelings whatsoever. Playing an instrument isn't just hitting the right notes on the strings, Sarah. You must feel it through your emotions. Do you want to know what I felt? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Are you sure she's as gifted as you say she is?" She asked him, looking at my folder.

I felt both my heart and rumbling stomach plunge into the abyss. My knees jerked. It felt like somebody pushed me to the bottom of a frozen lake and dropped a nuclear bomb on top. 'Damn it, I might have just blown the perfect opportunity to get into the academy.' said that little voice in my head.

"Yes, she is. I heard her myself. She's probably nervous. Just give her sometimes." He rebuttal, pleading for my second chance.

"Do it fast then because we haven't got all day!" she replied, still looking at the folder as if I was non-existent.

'What a mean and nasty old b*tch.' I want to make it to the Academy, but if she thinks I'm going to let her treat me like a piece of shit or beg for it. Uh, she's got another thing coming. Who does she think she is?

"You're not playing like you normally do at the bar. Are you nervous, Sarah?"

"Yes, I'm freaking out of my mind,"

"Tell you what? Do you see that shiny guitar over there? I'm going to get on it, and let's play your favorite song together. I'll lead, and you follow. How is that?"

"Sure, I guess it'd make me less nervous."

He picked up the guitar and started playing so beautifully. He gave me a wink and said, "Take it from here."

I closed my eyes once more and played as if my life depended on it, and this time there was no interruption. I opened my eyes afterward to hear the verdict or get a standing ovation, but the room had changed entirely. There were no tables, no chairs, and there stood two beings in God knows what surrounded by an intense blue and sort of purplish light with widespread wings staring right at me with gleaming eyes. I guess I should've panicked, but that feeling in my stomach was such serenity that I had never felt before.

'What happened? Where am I? Wait, I know. I most likely had a heart attack and died in the middle of the audition. Well, those are definitely angels, not demons, my mind clicked. Yes, it means I made it to heaven. How do you like that, Ms. Sherbert?' I said to myself as a consolation pat on the back. My sixth-grade English teacher always said they have a special wing in hell just for little naughty and mouthy girls like me. I guess I'm not so naughty after all.

"No, you're not dead, not yet anyway. You've finally opened up and played that song with your emotions, or should I say like you are supposed to. Now the harmonics allow you to see things as they truly are." She says, tapping on my shoulder.