Discarded

Before we were perfect. We followed orders. Did what was demanded. But one day one of us slipped up.

It was pearl. She accidently broke morganite's paintbrush. She was punished as all gems who are imperfect are.

She came back but she wants the same. She was more strict but also a little scared.

Ruby didn't care at first. She was to only carryout her orders and protect.

But she was unable to protect a sapphire that she was assigned to.

Morganite was upset at her mistakes. But she laughed. "I might just turn you into blue diamond herself." She said wickedly.

Ruby begged for her forgiveness but nothing worked. Soon she was called in by blue diamond directly

"Ruby...do you know why our empire is perfect?" Blue questioned.

"Because the diamonds are perfect. All gems serve a purpose that they must fulfill."

Ruby answered hopping that would please the higher being.

"Yes...so why didn't you carryout your task? Its simple really." She said more sternly

Blue awaited an answer but ruby was unable to find any words that could please the diamond.

"For this mistake I'll hand you personally to white." Blue said as she dismissed the ruby.

Ruby was now scared. She had no idea what was going to happen. Hopefully blue just wanted to scare her.

And it worked. But ruby took it as a warning. She worked much harder but the more she worked the more mistakes she made.

Once she was reported once again. She ran off. Somehow avoiding attention.

Pearl was now in the wrong for not being able to stop ruby or see her leave.

She was thrown away for being imperfect. She blames herself and ruby.

If ruby had just taken the punishment she would still be in homeworld.

She wished ruby had never been assigned to morganite. She wanted nothing more to do with that ruby.

But fate always has a different plan. They meet one day as pearl sat next to a lake crying.

She missed homeworld. She missed morganite. But that wants the case.

She felt like she had no purpose now. She felt so lost and scared.

She needed someone to tell her what to do. That's what she was made for right?

Its what she was programmed for. To take orders and demands.

But then she heard a splash. She looked up startled. She thought someone was there to hurt her.

But no it was the ruby. That she cursed multiple times. "Oh its you." The pearl said coldly.

"Oh Pearl! Wait what happened? I thought you were still on homeworld." Ruby asked.

"YOU HAPPENED!! I WOULD STILL BE ON HOMEWORLD IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU!" Pearl yelled.

"Me? YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY MISTAKES!!" Ruby retaliated.

"...your right...I think it was all because of me. I'm no good anyway..." Pearl said in sadness and realization.

"Hey its okay. I think?" Ruby said in state of confusion.

"NO! Its not all right with me. Its never play with us! Maybe its just...we aren't made to be perfect."

"Maybe we were discarded for a reason