Attacking Love

After sometime ruby and pearl grew extremely fond of each other.

The helped one another. They were happy with each other. Till one day tragedy struck.

There were jaspers, they were there for them. "You pearl, ruby come with us."

One said to them. "Ruby those are..." Pearl started. "Home world gems. Homeworld jaspers!" Ruby said in realization.

"Pearl Lets run!" Ruby quickly picked up the tall pearl and ran.

"After them!"

So then began a wild gem chase. Pearl was uneasy. She felt as if ruby was running for hours.

But this was nice. Being carried in her arms. She assumed rubies had rough hands.

For protection. That's what they were made to do. Protect what or who they are assigned to.

But she could now see clearly that this ruby was different. She never thought of being different.

She was told ever since she was created what she was, what her purpose was and what she was meant to do.

She quickly learned that mistakes were not tolerated. That most diamonds had low patience. 

Except for blue and pink. She was afraid of both but they had somewhat of patience.

With ruby she learned that change is sometimes for the better.

She saw that anything could happen. She learned many things from ruby.

But there was one she couldn't out her gem on. It was love. She didn't fully comprehend love at all.

She was told to be perfect. She had no time for love not to mention to love.

She never met anyone who made her feel this way. Until she had a better understanding of ruby. 

She learned her intentions. She learned her morals. She even learned that even though ruby was a protector she was still shy.

"Ruby I think we lost them." "Hopefully." "Pearl I don't let them take you back to homeworld."

"Who knows what they might do to you or-" "Ruby I known this might happen from the start."

"When the diamonds want something they will get it. Gem human planet anything."

Pearl said as she looked back at ruby. Ruby looked at pearl in sadness

Pearl was silently crying. "Pearl. What do you want to do? Do you want to go to homeworld or stay with me?" Ruby asked in sadness

If pearl wanted to be back under the diamonds control it wants rubies choice to say no.

"Ruby..." "Hurry they're coming!" "Ruby I want to stay with you!!!" "Come on then!"

Ruby grabbed her hand and ran. They hid in a lake that was near by.

They stayed for awhile close to each other. Its as if they could read each others thoughts

They wanted to stay with each other. They were both so scared to be alone. They didn't want to leave one another.

As their gems glowed. They soon formed into one. As the flashes was now over they were surrounded by jaspers.

"We must report this. RETREAT!!" One jasper yelled. Soon all the jaspers were gone.

"Ruby...Pearl? No I- We just. Did we just fuse? No different gems can't fuse can they?"

They both tried to stand up and somehow they did it. After realizing this they unfused.

"Ruby you felt that too right?" "Yeah I- I think so?" "That was love I think but I'm not sure. I've never loved anyone before and-"

Pearl was cut off by Ruby kissing her. For the first time in her life pearl felt as if her fate wasn't set in stone.

She felt free and untamed. But she felt something that was stronger, love.

"Ruby..." "Pearl I was going to wait. But I think you should have this now." Ruby handed her the Rhodonite crystal she found.

"Ruby but...I have nothing to gift you with."

"No you don't have to. In fact I don't want you to.

"I'll make sure no-one attacks our love again."