𝟎𝟎𝟑

♬ 𝐍𝐎. 𝟗
𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.
𝟐:𝟎𝟎 ➝ ———— 𝟏:𝟎𝟒

𝐊𝐇𝐄𝐏𝐑𝐈 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐘𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄
𝔞𝔱𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔞 - 𝔤𝔞 | 𝟷:𝟺𝟻 𝙰𝙼, 𝙽𝙾𝚅 𝟷𝟼𝚃𝙷
―·✩·―

DRIVING slowly, Khepri scanned the crowd outside the airport looking for her best-friend, Tadeja. She had just landed back in Atlanta after visiting family in New York.

Spotting the slim girl, Khep beeped twice making her look up. Snatching her up suitcase, Tadeja ran the the car and opened the driver side door.

"FRIEND!" She cheesed, forcing herself into the car to give Khepri a hug. "I missed you so bad."

"It's been a week." Khep chuckled. "You a joke."

"A week too fucking long, I can't sleep without my sister."

"Get yo ass off me and into yo seat. You know how impatient folks be at the airport, they beepin' already."

"Fuck th— FUCK Y'ALL!" Tadeja held her middle finger up. "Shitty ass Honda."

Less than an hour later, the pair had arrived at Khepri's and unpacked some of Deja's clothes. Khay was asleep on the couch, her son watching PJ Masks under her.

"Hey, auntie baby." Deja attacked Sincere's face with kisses. "What you doing up so late?"

Using his right hand to touch his forehead, and his left to hold his stomach, Sin signed that he was sick. Pouting, Deja tightened her grip on the boy and stroked his face.

A few months ago, Khayir got scared with Sincere's speaking habits and took him to the pediatrician.

Sin was diagnosed with selective mutism and instead of forcing him to speak, Khay decided to give the boy time— taught him ASL, which everybody else was in the process of learning, and remained patient.

"You heating up big boy. Khep, his medicine in your bathroom or Khay's?"

"Give me my son back ho." Khepri spoke, stealing him from Deja's arms. "I'll get it."

"Bitch wanna be somebody mama, so bad."

▁▁▁

Feeling light kisses being placed on her cheeks, Khepri stirred in her sleep before fully waking up.

"Good mornin', beautiful." Alyssa smiled sweetly.

"Mornin', ma." She croaked out. "What time it is?"

"It just hit eight o'clock, love."

Jumping up, Khepri threw the covers off and started undressing. "OH SHI— I had a client at 6, she probably cussing me out on Instagram."

"You not workin' today, I cancelled all yo clients two days ago." Alyssa placed a thick stack on the bedside table. "Here's what you would'a made, plus a lil extra cause I love you. A car stoppin' by round nine, it's gon drop you off at the studio."

"Ma—"

"No arguments, Sevyn. Dej already dressed and waitin' on you in the livin' room. Sin at preschool, and Khay handlin' everything at the shop." Lyssa placed another kiss on her cheek. "I know you love yo sister, but I want you to live your dream Khep. Want that for yourself too."