Rebecca

Book 1. Chapter 3.

Rebecca.

California heat was coming in as the Spring season was in full swing. The office was going well, clients were coming in for appointments, and the kids were doing great during their checkups. Rebecca felt good. She was surrounding herself with work and chores around the house. On the hill of 11th St sat her home, it didn't look bad on the outside, a little plain, but she liked it like that. On the inside, however, Becca gutted it. The two-story was something she had been dreaming of; it just needed work. Working on painting her bathrooms, Rebecca heard her phone go off. Sitting here paintbrush down, she wiped her hands off her shirt before grabbing her phone. Rebecca first thought it was Sam calling to discuss her newest baking disaster but was caught off guard when she didn't recognize the number. Pressing the answer button, she put it up to her ear, "Hello."

"Hi, is this Rebecca?" the female voice on the other side of the phone asked.

Rebecca was caught off guard as she looked down at her phone like the number would pop out to her, and she would know the person who knew her name. "Um, yes?"

"Hi, this is Gemma. We met a few weeks ago,"

Rebecca jumped at the realization as her hand tightened on her phone. She had initially thought that the older woman had lost her number or was too busy. "Oh yes. Hi, sorry I didn't get your number, so I was unsure who this was." Rebecca could hear the older woman move around, and someone was yelling from the other end of the phone.

"Yes, I'm sorry I had not gotten back to you. Something had come up," This was understandable, and Rebecca didn't hold it against the older woman. "I was calling to ask for a favor. Instead of that lunch, would you be willing to come and fix someone's tooth?" Gemma seemed a little stressed, and Rebecca could understand the issues with tooth pain. Rebecca usually didn't make house calls, she had an office for visits, but Gemma had helped her out that day without payment.

"Of course," She answered without really thinking it through, "what's the rundown on what I'm walking into?" Rebecca turned her phone on speakerphone as she walked into her room. Moving around, she stripped herself out of her leggings and tank top and grabbed a clean pair of ripped jeans and a tee-shirt with her company logo on the breast. Gemma gave her a brief rundown on the situation. Her husband owned a garage in Charming. That day some guys were horsing around, leading to a wrench falling on their face. Rebecca wasn't sure it was the whole story, but the jest she got was that their tooth was cracked in half. "Send me the address, and I'll be there in minutes. Just have him lay on a flat surface if you have one, elevate him, and if he wants to put a cool compress on the side, it would be fine." Rebecca grabbed her home medical bag with all the items she needed to extract a tooth.

The drive didn't take too long before she pulled her black car into the parking lot. Rebecca was surprised by the line of motorcycles that were parked; Rebecca had never been on a bike before. When they had to go live with their grandma, an older man beside them drove one. He was pleasant to the girls when they moved in, always coming by, and talking to them when they were out playing soccer. With the thought of Boom Rebecca made a mental note to give him a call. She checked with him periodically to ask him for the full truthful rundown on her grandma and condition. While her grandma would give her the cheerful, friendly version, she left out any issues and was getting up there in age. She needed to visit Tacoma soon. She thought as she parked her car. Giving her bag a once over to make sure she had everything, she stepped out of the vehicle as the door to the side opened, and a guy with a mohawk came out.

"You Rebecca?" he asked, pointing at her, and she nodded, a little freaked out when she wasn't greeted by someone she knew. "Awesome, Gemma is inside; she gave Tig something to loosen him up, but he's ready for you. Follow me."