nine

"Jimin we're eating now. I'm hungry now."

"Put the dumpling back in the bag."

"No! I told you we're eating before today!"

"It's only you that wants that so stop being a baby and put up with the hunger for a few hours!"

When the boys got home from School that day, Taehyung was starving. It was a combination of skipping lunch and having P.E as the last lesson. He was so hungry, in fact, that halfway through P.E he'd called Manager Sejin and begged him to get dumplings so that he could eat something good before practice. As soon as he entered the company building he took the bag and started tucking in.

"Will you two stop arguing over something so useless? The bag's been opened already so we might as well eat -"

"So you're taking his side then?" Jimin looks to Namjoon with a hurt expression. "I guess that makes sense because he's been here longer than me... but I still thought you'd be fair."

"He is being fair by taking my side." Taehyung insists. "You're just too self-obsessed to see it."

"I'm self-obsessed? You're the one who only thought about yourself and didn't think about the rest of us before getting food so early."

"Why don't you just disappear Jimin?" Says Taehyung, venomously. "It's a talent of yours by this point."

"You said you were over that!"

"I am over it."

"Then stop bringing it up!"

"Both of you!" Seokjin shouts. "Namjoon isn't on anyone's side and neither are the rest of us. Clearly whatever you two are mad about isn't just dumplings but Taehyung; Jimin only got here yesterday... so you should be the bigger person."

"Why should I?" Taehyung rolls his eyes. "I'm not even older than him, and it's not like we're strangers."

"Because we taught you better than that." Yoongi replies, authoritatively. "Go outside and sort it out."

Taehyung has some grievances left - but he doesn't dare to challenge Yoongi and take them up. Instead, he walks toward the exit at a pace - brushing shoulders with Jimin on his way out.

Jimin begrudgingly follows after Taehyung. The Kim boy leads him first out of the practice complex, then into the reception, and finally out through the main doors. Taehyung is clearly agitated and ordinarily Jimin would be level headed about the situation but he's just as irate. Still, a part of him knows that he can't afford causing any major troubles when he only joined the group a couple days ago; since he isn't able to put aside his pride to be the bigger person - he'll need to call in a third party.

Covertly, he takes out his phone and sends a text to Molan: 'Code Red. BigHit Company Building. ASAP'

When he's done he walks over to Taehyung - who is standing with his back to the building. His body is shaking with anger and Jimin can tell that this fight isn't going to be easily settled. He can only hope that they don't kill each other before Molan arrives.

"I can't believe you would make such a fuss over Dumplings." Taehyung spits. "That you would embarrass me like that, in front of my friends!"

"You embarrassed yourself." Jimin retorts. "Bringing up past grudges? I gave you the chance to unleash the last of your anger in the store because I didn't want you to hold a grudge and that's exactly what you've done."

"I'm hungry!" Taehyung exclaims. "And, even though you're older than me I'm also your senior in the group so you should respect that and let me eat!"

"You're unbelievable... You know that? Completely unreasonable, too. Just like Molan."