One - Hatred

"Did I hear you correctly?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you have ears, Scott." Gem sighed, resisting the urge to palm her face. "Really, I know you're not the best at biology-"

He interrupted, eyes still wide and confused. "I meant why am I going to be babysitting Xornoth?"

"Because!" She shrugged. "They nearly died from the spell I used, and the Crystal Cliffs are too much of a hazard to have them in."

"What about literally anywhere else?" Scott did not plead very often, but now was one of those rare opportunities.

"Brotherly love." She smirked. He had the idea that she had asked everyone (excluding Joey, who was still apparently horny for them) to take them in and he was the last person available. It wouldn't be that much of a surprise. "Besides! You'll be fine. I'll cast some spells in your house to make it an ultra-safe experience!"

If Scott was going to be roommating his literal demon twin, he wasn't sure what kind of safety spell Gem could cast that would prevent him from losing his sanity.

"But what if they... " He struggled to think of an excuse. What could Xornoth do? Run off? Attack him? Steal the antlers? Break his window? "Do... magic?"

"That's what the super satisfying spells are for!"

Oh boy. He was not going to be getting out of this one.

-

Gem had ran around his house for approximately three hours, casting spells and drawing runes that flashed lilac before going invisible, before setting up a crystal that he was to break in any sort of emergency.

Scott had to admit, she knew her stuff. In fact, if these were the protections she was rolling with, babysitting Xornoth would actually be a safer experience than it was before.

Had it been literally anyone else.

"Are you sure?" He asked again, still nervous despite her insistence. His wings flared out anxiously.

"I haven't even done all of the spells yet, Scott." Gem waved her hand before flicking her spellbook to the next page. "You'll be fine!"

"Will I, Gem?"

"Yeah! See, this spell," She tapped on the page, "Can stop them from picking up weapons, casting spells, or doing anything that could be considered violent or malicious. And this one means they can only go through doors you want them to."

Scott blinked. "Like a whitelist?"

"Like a magic whitelist. And with how everything is going, they can be settled in today!"

He wasn't that reassured. Like, at all. But Gem wouldn't be letting him out of this one easily if the pointed look on her face was to say anything.

Aeor above, give me strength.

-

Xornoth didn't quite know what to expect when they woke up in a room that looked like it had been decorated by Scott.

Nor did they know what to expect when they saw Scott himself sitting on a chair in the corner looking like an idiot, accompanied by that purple hatted wizard.

To be fair, they hadn't quite imagined this scenario in their head.

Their first reaction was to make a large inhale and scramble for the nearest throwable object, which happened to be a potted plant. Scott yelled and dived somewhere as they started to throw it-