chapter five: all of us

in all honesty when i started getting that feeling i didn't think it was because of something lurking in the shadows.

i thought for once it was just because of high school drama.

for once i was wrong.

i was at home watching a movie with billy when i got a call from a familiar voice.

"hello? sinclair residence"

"...."

"helloooo? listen if this is some kind of joke i suggest you stop while you-"

"r-riyah" the person finally said.

"el? oh my god eleven?!" i hold the phone closer to my ear in realization.

"yes"

"oh sweetie are you okay? are you safe? where have you been?"

"i- i am safe. found sister t-to stay w-with"

"sister? what sister?"

"i h-have to go. call soon."

& with that she hung up. leaving nothing but dial tones ringing.

i sigh & put the phone back on the hook.

what sister?

"who was it babe?" his voice brings be back to reality.

i go sit back next to him & he puts his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"it was my sister...the one who escaped the lab with me. she called to tell me she's okay"

"oh well that's good"

"yeah..."

FIVE HOURS LATER

i was awoken by another phone call this time it was dustin telling me to meet him at his house.

billy had already gone home after the movie was over.

i grudgingly put my jacket on, grabbed my walkman & keys & was out the door.

when i got into my car i noticed that billy had left his beanie in my passenger seat.

"after arguing with him he still left it in my car" i chuckled.

earlier billy had opted to hide his greasy hair with the cutest green beanie & i wanted it.

so we argued the whole ride about why he should give me his beanie.

"& look where it ended up being" i whisper to myself as i slipped the green over my braids.

i start the engine & pull out of the driveway to start my ride over to the hinderson residence.